PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you about your car??

pie
01-12-12, 11:46 PM
Not really annoy but i mean what do you want to fix/replace but either can't or just nether get round to it but you notice it and it annoys you everytime you go near it!

on my cav

door pins rattle (drives me nuts) lol
driver door card had little tears on it (cant find another)
cant find a boot carpet for it
need to replace wiper blades for head lights (NLS)
squeeky dash lol

Markd89
02-12-12, 12:02 AM
I have a rattle somewhere on my dash no matter what I do it won't feck off really really annoying

Stuart
02-12-12, 12:04 AM
The front belts squealing like mad on the Passat, Cant be bothered to sort it as I know it'll cost a bomb and we are getting rid of it asap anyway lol

chrisd1986
02-12-12, 12:19 AM
I have a mk1 beige dash that has got what look like glue marks on it and i cant get it off or find another to replace and my ashtray wont close becuse its broke

tahir868
02-12-12, 01:25 AM
Not really annoy but i mean what do you want to fix/replace but either can't or just nether get round to it but you notice it and it annoys you everytime you go near it!

on my cav

door pins rattle (drives me nuts) lol
driver door card had little tears on it (cant find another)
cant find a boot carpet for it
need to replace wiper blades for head lights (NLS)
squeeky dash lol
Specks (Mark) mentioned to me he had some new GM wiper blades for sale mate, send him a message on Facebook and see what he wants to do with them :thumb:

chrisd1986
02-12-12, 10:33 AM
Oh and the fact that i dont have a lighter socket so my satnav or phone dies if im on a day out collecting bits

turbojolt
02-12-12, 10:48 AM
NOVA

its hasnt been on the road since 2008
its in a million peices all over my house
its costing me a fortune to get it back on the road
i know i should **** it off but cant bring my self to get rid of it

FIESTA

b pillar trims came off and cost £50 quid to replace
inner arch trim has broken off and costs £60 to replace
i replaced the frotn speakers becuse they were rattling/crackling and now found out its due to lose trim in the doors :roll:
its only done 70k and all the trim seems to be broken :tard: fords really arnt put together very well imo

CADDY

only done 22k and the top of the gear stick has fallen off
1st gear is hard to get in to as is 3rd
its limited to 70 mph
bg still havent put the limited sticker back on it so people sitt up my **** all the time

Connor
02-12-12, 11:03 AM
Its too sensible.

marc69
02-12-12, 11:19 AM
1.0 ohv,
miss at 1700rpm
bad paintwork on rear arch due to my dad scraping it all off

1.2 1.3SR austin seven
Hassles with storage and not having enough money to run all at once!

1972 mini
In bits

Mini cooper (real one)
wrecked exhaust and it's so low I damaged it putting it in the garage, too cold to inspect

track car.
my badly painted wing and bashed door and bonnet...and tiny elusive running problem but hopefully soon solved (famous last words)

Blue mk2 Nova
I'm too lazy to finish stripping it so the tiny bit of body left can be removed form my dad's house

marc69
02-12-12, 11:20 AM
Its too sensible.

At least you have common sense, it's clear from above I have none!

Edd
02-12-12, 11:36 AM
Astra - it's not in the crusher

Nova - loads of stuff lol as it's still not finished

Connor
02-12-12, 11:45 AM
At least you have common sense, it's clear from above I have none!

I miss not having constant niggly bits too sort out though, kept me busy!
Its boring just getting into a car and driving it. Need a project in my life again.

marc69
02-12-12, 11:52 AM
I miss not having constant niggly bits too sort out though, kept me busy!
Its boring just getting into a car and driving it. Need a project in my life again.

Borrow mine, you can get each one perfect them swap it for the next!

marc69
02-12-12, 11:54 AM
Astra - it's not in the crusher

Nova - loads of stuff lol as it's still not finished

A Nova is nevver finished

Benn
02-12-12, 12:14 PM
Because i want to run it low it bloody breaks.

Count Vaux Alot
02-12-12, 12:43 PM
It's a rusting pile!

Murray
02-12-12, 12:50 PM
MK4 Astra Diesel- Interior stinks of dog and damp (think the last owners dog has pissed in it a few times!!). No.3 injector leaks, back box is held up with cable ties and drive belt squeals all the time.

Still runs fine so can't be bothered fixing the little faults yet.

Nova-Where ever I point at the f*cking thing i'm not happy with lol.

_Jake
02-12-12, 01:17 PM
rear rose joints on the vectra are noisey as ****ed, drivers window has an epeleptic fit everytime you try and wind it down and its not looking how i want it to be :(

Jon_nova1
02-12-12, 01:36 PM
The Astra only ever blows out luke warm air and it's needed a handbrake cable since i got it lol

Mike
02-12-12, 04:14 PM
Other then it being a Corsa C, absoloutly nothing at all.

Besides general wear & tear (cracked a screen, set of tyres, wiper blades) the only thing thats ever gone wrong in 30k miles is a perished water pipe. £3 odd from a main dealer.

phunkynova
02-12-12, 05:02 PM
It means I have to be a member on here lol

P.S. And the car keeps making me crash it into tree's.

torquey
02-12-12, 05:26 PM
The fact it aint finished wanted it done for summer but never get enough time on her..
The f****ng bodged exhaust system catches everything.

Rickyb
02-12-12, 05:31 PM
NOVA
its stuck in a storage unit in a million bits and i cant work in there.

Golf gti
sat on me drive as i refuse to tax it mid month.
and i need to put the new water pump and thermostat on.

Golf GTTDI
needs a tyre soon
and my mrs has to drive it :(

kellynovaaaa
02-12-12, 05:35 PM
the exhaust rattles, rubbish tyres and the CV joint has started to clunk :(

mk1nova_rich
02-12-12, 05:42 PM
Corsa C...failed its MOT yesterday :( replaced both track rods today which has eliminated the knocking from the front end but turns out there is also play in the steering rack/column which I'm hoping wont get picked up on during the retest. Also the efficiency of the rear brakes is 6% lol, at least the shoes and cylinders and cheap as chips but hardly got time to do them - along with one of the front wheel bearings :mad:

bazzap8389
02-12-12, 05:47 PM
Nova- just that it's been sitting in my lockup for 6 years and I have barely made any progress on it.

Gt4- eats suspension bushes and arms like there going out of fashion.

stupot89
02-12-12, 05:59 PM
Nova - nothing I sold it to Bally so it's his headache now lol

chrisd1986
02-12-12, 06:20 PM
the exhaust rattles, rubbish tyres and the CV joint has started to clunk :(

I got 2 near new michilen tyres for my sr wheels for £30

sport
02-12-12, 06:21 PM
Astra, the heaters have packed in and its bloody freezing up here the now.

Combo, could be doing with a new steering rack other than that its fine.

Novas, where would i start lol

16v Nova Kev
02-12-12, 06:27 PM
It lacks re spawning ability.

paul james
02-12-12, 06:32 PM
Celica - faded red paint, only on one side where a previous owner must have cleaned it with brake fluid and a brillo pad.

Nova - Not so great paint job, but then I did do it in my tiny garage in the dark a few years back. Didn't help that a gritting lorry which was more like a rubble lorry dropped a load of its contents in my path one winter, the front bumper looks like a starry night. I may respray it sometime, but its quite fun having a slightly scruffy looking car, where every single part on it is actually immaculate.

nova_stee
02-12-12, 07:19 PM
Needs a full repaint to get it mint again but no ones good enough in my area.
Its only a xe now and i want let power again

Lewis.
02-12-12, 07:31 PM
Nova - orange peal in the paint, can't be bothered/afford to respray it properly, suspension is too hard and won't go round corners, no door cards, stereo is quiet and tinny sounding (was fine when I put it to bed in 2011 :/

Trooper - huge tyres catch ARB's in full lock, it only does about 20mpg, no central locking, massive crack in windscreen

the mrs Corsa - everything, ever lol

raf24
02-12-12, 07:48 PM
Fabia vrs-bloody coolant temp light flashes/beeps every time its cold outside,which is every time its started at the moment lol even though it has plenty of coolant in it,must be a vag thing as my last car did it too ( mk4 golf).

Nova-nothing at the moment as its laid up for winter,but will no doubt be plotting lots of little problems for me to fix come march/april time lol

16v Nova Kev
02-12-12, 08:05 PM
I bridged the sensor I'm mine

raf24
02-12-12, 08:30 PM
I bridged the sensor I'm mine

I've had a look on a few forums,the cure is a new expansion bottle as the sensor is part of it apparently.its just annoying more than anything.

Andy
02-12-12, 08:58 PM
Astra-Relentlessly steams up.Bag of sh1t.
Combo-understeer nation on standard wheels.Oh and a screw in both back wheels.
205-Sh1t sealing tyre so always goes down
Nova,erm lol its not race season yet so i shall report back lol

staggy_gsi
02-12-12, 09:04 PM
Vitara - seems to break every time i take it green laning, hole in the radiator
Mk4 astra gsi - stem seals are fooked, inner cv boot in two pieces, cant get power down in this weather lol
Mk4 astra van - today decided it didnt want any brake fluid in it so pissed it all out through a wheel cylinder, hole in the radiator, pish poor heaters, crap handbrake, forgot to tax it
Sierra saph - sat there waiting patiently for a V8, rapidly collecting dust and probably rust

Andy
02-12-12, 09:07 PM
Hmm holes in radiators on an off roader and a roader?? What you been doing lol

staggy_gsi
02-12-12, 09:09 PM
Well, i didnt think to check if the vitara had any anti freeze in tbh. But the van has had a hole in for around 3 years, its just starting to get worse...

Andy
02-12-12, 09:24 PM
Whats your occupation again mate?? lol

staggy_gsi
02-12-12, 09:26 PM
Yeah yeah....you try working on sheds 8 hours a day then being arsed to fix a handful of your own sh!tters lol

Andy
02-12-12, 09:28 PM
Yeah yeah....you try working on sheds 8 hours a day then being arsed to fix a handful of your own sh!tters lol
lol

Spudly
02-12-12, 09:50 PM
Nova, its on sorn and i want to go play out :cry:

Astra, bugger all, done a nice 460 mile round trip this weekend, used a tank of juice and never missed a beat, impressive considering it has well over 201,000 miles on it lol

L14MNP
03-12-12, 12:17 AM
Front and rear screens steaming up on the Mondeo when left overnight. Seems tonbe down to rear footwell water ingress The dreaded DMF rattle has alao begun.

Other than that, nowt. Life's too short to get wound up over such trivial matters. :)

Oh, the seatbelt warning sound pisses me off, I remove it to reverse usually.

16xe_chris
03-12-12, 06:41 AM
The smell, when I first get in. Seriously think something has died in there.

And it being frozen solid on the inside! Think I might have a water leak somewhere.

steviegsi
03-12-12, 08:21 AM
The brake light in the back window. Start the car, bong --check brake lights--, open boot, fiddle until all is working, close boot, bong --check brake lights--..... 10 minutes would sort it out properly but I never remember when I have time. Bong.

Spudly
03-12-12, 09:05 AM
Front and rear screens steaming up on the Mondeo when left overnight.

Mk4 astras do that aswell, see loads of them round here all steamed up when its cold, sachets of silica gel placed throughout the car fix this, i 'borrow' them from boxes of copper brake pipe at work, got about ten of them in mine now :d

L14MNP
03-12-12, 12:07 PM
Been meaning to get a moisture trap or some silica bags.
You has reminded me XD

Spudly
03-12-12, 12:09 PM
Ive got a moisture trap in the nova aswell....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/F3017677-8717-47A7-81F2-77E5C5C622C8-332-0000002633E7038B.jpg

That reminds me, need to whip my cover off and bung my solar trickle charger on today, might aswell crack on with my HU wiring too, damn, day off and im going to end up working on the car, in the cold lol

L14MNP
03-12-12, 12:13 PM
Best way to stop a laid up car getting damp and mouldy is to remove your interior and send it away to be be fettled. Thats what I have done anyway. lol

Similar story for the ski. No need to 'winterize' it when the engine is sitting on my bench.

What you messin about with your wireless for? My Mondog is bog stock. Bloomin kids.

Spudly
03-12-12, 12:21 PM
Cos my wireless is just that, doesnt have one, nor the wires for it either lol

Ive got some iso plugs and going to fettle up a mini loom using what would be the cl/ew power points in the fusebox and fit the sony active black cd hu ive got for it, old skool hu for an older skool nova :d

L14MNP
03-12-12, 01:00 PM
Dunno why I thought you were messing on with your Astra, even though you said Nova.

I had an Active Black/tape converter/MD Walkman nicked once. That's the trouble when the front panel doesn't remove!
Love the graphics on them though. lol

Spudly
03-12-12, 01:31 PM
Aye i think theyre cooler than a penguins nutsack, plus i love my sony's, got a bluetooth single shot cd, sony hu in the astra atm!

Been out and uncovered the nova, flattery's completely batt (doh) so ive run the wires through from the bay and sat my solar trickle charger on the dash, letting the cover air out for a few hours then ill wipe the car down and cover it over again, inside with a coffee now lol

L14MNP
03-12-12, 01:34 PM
Alpine is my preferred HU. Mondy has a 6 disc in-dash Sony as standard though, and I can't knock it.

You not better off charging the battery from the mains?

Spudly
03-12-12, 01:38 PM
I like alpines but ive just always had sony's so just stuck with them tbf, nova is off the road atm so there isnt much point charging it and then leaving it as its only going to be flat again in a few months time, ill buy a new battery from work when it goes back on the road if its needed (its the old battery from the cav so its not right great anyways) but if this can bang a bit more charge in it so i can run the engine up every now and then, then bonus :d

Plus the car is down the bottom of our garden so would mean having to run a couple of leads down to it all the time lol

Novasport
03-12-12, 02:31 PM
I am an Alpine fan, still got my 7852R in its box. Bought it new and had it in my Corsa for a couple of years then its been back in its box for nearly 10 years. Was an excellent HU but it was a high end unit. Still got the Rockford Punch amp i used with it.
I leave my battery disconnected on the Sport and top it up with a charge every 5-6 weeks the same as the last owner and it has lasted 18 years!!! I have the reciept from 1994 for it.

Mike
03-12-12, 09:23 PM
After reading this thread its makes me value my non 80's car even more lol

Hobbit
03-12-12, 09:47 PM
not given mine a good thrashing since PVS. miss it. :(

John
03-12-12, 09:49 PM
Nothing (the vw :d)

skud52
03-12-12, 09:50 PM
I've had a look on a few forums,the cure is a new expansion bottle as the sensor is part of it apparently.its just annoying more than anything.

My ibiza was doing that, i changed the coolant and get it a clean and has been fine since. Might be worth getting an old toothbrush and cleaning the 2 prongs. Failing that im pretty sure its only about £10 for a new bottle from gsf

L14MNP
03-12-12, 09:51 PM
Nothing (the vw :d)

No copious 'common faults' on that model like John? lol

John
03-12-12, 09:54 PM
The one has been rectified (gearbox) takes loads of abuse in its stride!

DAVIDKEDENS
03-12-12, 10:09 PM
It sits on the drive and I can't drive it cos I don't have my license yet. lol

raf24
03-12-12, 10:10 PM
My ibiza was doing that, i changed the coolant and get it a clean and has been fine since. Might be worth getting an old toothbrush and cleaning the 2 prongs. Failing that im pretty sure its only about £10 for a new bottle from gsf

Yep,i'll probably just end up buying a new bottle as its getting on my tits.

Balley
03-12-12, 10:20 PM
Nova - nothing I sold it to Bally so it's his headache now lol

Cheers.

Well the loon needs a engine...

and the Td doesn't like cold mornings. rattles a lot and the heater doesn't blow. its very dirty and other than that fine :)

novadave24
03-12-12, 11:55 PM
THE NOVA that big word for a nova RUST
THE VECTRA is all good just needs a good wash lol