PDA

View Full Version : Cherrybomb - Yes or No?

DAVIDKEDENS
29-11-12, 04:32 PM
Thinking about getting a Cherry Bomb for my 1200 Nova.. always fancied one and was just wondering other people's thoughts? Cheers. :thumb:

OLD_SKOOOL
29-11-12, 04:37 PM
hated them years ago... but they just seem be a kool retro fit now...

i guess goes on how the motors looking, and would that style suit your motor :)

DAVIDKEDENS
29-11-12, 04:40 PM
hated them years ago... but they just seem be a kool retro fit now...

i guess goes on how the motors looking, and would that style suit your motor :)

ATM it's lowered 30ish mm with Speedlines but i'm wanting SR steels are lowered 60mm all round for when I start driving next year! It's already got a 4" on it the now but i think i'll go for one.

Will F
29-11-12, 09:36 PM
No, they sound absolutely horrendous.

16v Nova Kev
29-11-12, 09:43 PM
I think they sound ****. I can't wait to hear the piper system I have

blue_peg_16v
29-11-12, 10:05 PM
There crap

Andy
29-11-12, 10:10 PM
brilliant,get it done

simonm
29-11-12, 10:14 PM
lol havent seen cherry bomb in years brother had one about 15 years ago on a nova rally car sounded like thunder but think now would look retro and a little cool .Ive got a peco bb4 that was on my gte sounded lovely imo thats even old now but im using it again :d

Asa-James
29-11-12, 10:15 PM
abso-flippin-lutely. if its a day to day car, you'll hate it after a few miles. mine was on a weekend thrasher 1.2, and i liked it :)

DAVIDKEDENS
29-11-12, 10:46 PM
you guys are probably older the ones who disagree, i get that! but i'm only 17 and a bet you's all loved them when you's were that age..

Andy
29-11-12, 10:50 PM
im 27 i had one on my sr and it was ace,long before section 59's

blue_peg_16v
29-11-12, 11:04 PM
I'm 33 and hated them along time sound like a mobile fart

brainsnova
29-11-12, 11:04 PM
I hate big bore loud exhausts unless it came as standard

Andy
29-11-12, 11:08 PM
I'm 33 and hated them along time sound like a mobile fart
i bet you hated burnouts also richard?? lol lol lol

Markd89
30-11-12, 12:11 AM
i have one on my loon, gives the nice old school burble :)

L14MNP
30-11-12, 12:19 AM
you guys are probably older the ones who disagree, i get that! but i'm only 17 and a bet you's all loved them when you's were that age..

I have over 10 years on you and they were crap 'when I were a lad' too.
Speak to someone born in the 50's or 60's for a favourable opinion imo. lol

Doesn't anyone ruin cars with Peco BB3/4 etc anymore?

For your Nova, I would go with a Magnex, Ashley, Sportex etc over a Cherry Bomb - u less you're fitting a C.B, whip aerial and rear jack up kit at the same time. lol

pie
30-11-12, 12:57 AM
sound like a mobile fart

rep'd f lol lol lol

Southie
30-11-12, 02:05 AM
This thread should of had a poll... I've forgotten what they sound like but vaguely remember them being bloody loud back in 1990 lol

This is the reason the "chav tag" start appearing on Novas for me so I'd say NO!!! :witch:

steviegsi
30-11-12, 03:05 AM
This thread should of had a poll... I've forgotten what they sound like but vaguely remember them being bloody loud back in 1990 lol

This is the reason the "chav tag" start appearing on Novas for me so I'd say NO!!! :witch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD8rKTzmcXQ

Definately not, regardless of the sound they look shlt.

blue_peg_16v
30-11-12, 08:25 AM
i bet you hated burnouts also richard?? lol lol lol

Me burnouts never lol, had a pair of new Yokos last a night once with my old valves at a cruise when I was 19 lol

Jon_nova1
30-11-12, 09:15 AM
cherrybombs sound like a mobile fart? how would a fart be immobile? lol

I had one back in the day, it was ridiculously loud and came on the car when i bought it, just a straight through with a cherry bomb on the end. You only live once, get it done lol

GRUNT 16V
30-11-12, 12:30 PM
cherry bombs and 3 spokes !!!!!!!!!!! old skool kool !!!!!!!!!! back in the day

craig green
30-11-12, 12:38 PM
You can almost guarantee it wont fit properly or look right exiting the bumper, so even ignoring the nasty sound issue, the answer is NO.

Any performance exhaust is a no on a 1.2 imo.

_Jake
30-11-12, 12:40 PM
cherry bombs sound ****, i had a full sportex system on my 1.2 with a 4-1 mani, sounded the absolute tits !

DAVIDKEDENS
30-11-12, 12:41 PM
I've always fancied a Sportex but I may be getting a Cherry Bomb for free cos its been lying in his garage for god knows how long so we'll see.

_Jake
30-11-12, 12:43 PM
I've always fancied a Sportex but I may be getting a Cherry Bomb for free cos its been lying in his garage for god knows how long so we'll see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglS0-CbjiA i had a 2" not a 4" on mine, but sounded same as this, epic flat out through tunnels ;)

TeddyThom
30-11-12, 06:06 PM
if its a day to day car, you'll hate it after a few miles.

Not true at all, I run a cherry bomb on my nova. Had it on all three of them so far, and I've loved the sound. Especially higher up the rev range, and the pops and bangs on over run are rather nice. I get looks everywhere (and probably for all the wrong reasons lol) when I used to drive about (don't drive it anymore as I blew it up lollol), I could be heard from quite a way!!

DAVIDKEDENS
30-11-12, 06:51 PM
Not true at all, I run a cherry bomb on my nova. Had it on all three of them so far, and I've loved the sound. Especially higher up the rev range, and the pops and bangs on over run are rather nice. I get looks everywhere (and probably for all the wrong reasons lol) when I used to drive about (don't drive it anymore as I blew it up lollol), I could be heard from quite a way!!

Was it just the backbox or full system?

TeddyThom
30-11-12, 06:56 PM
As far as I am aware of, the cherry bomb came in two different parts, a back box and a centre section, I've yet to find a centre section come up for sale etc, however I do have the backbox. Noise it made was bloody lovely.

DAVIDKEDENS
30-11-12, 08:44 PM
As far as I am aware of, the cherry bomb came in two different parts, a back box and a centre section, I've yet to find a centre section come up for sale etc, however I do have the backbox. Noise it made was bloody lovely.

Cheers, just the backbox that'll be going on if I get one. :)