PDA

View Full Version : hey all a little HELP

shane2009
12-08-03, 12:30 AM
hey i am 17 and just got a nova merit 1986 d reg nothing done 2 it so wot do u think i can do first to it going through lessons at mo so please HELP thanx

PeteG
12-08-03, 12:38 AM
Very little. keep it clean and standard for the first year and get some NCB. your first years NCB will be a great help,more cash in the pocket and more chance of affording the insurance when you do mod the car.

Fester
12-08-03, 12:38 AM
get hold of an SR front bumper, will go straight on with the removal of the little lip round the bottom, then get the corresponding SR grille to match, its design is different from the grill you'll have on now. Then get hold of the SR rear spoiler, which is known as a 'wraparound', keep it neat and you'll have a tidy SR looker.

If the cash is there get some -35mm lowering springs on, should cost very much at all for the springs only, and some alloys if the money is there, there's a steady flow of second hand alloys waiting to be bought. I would then go for an exhaust backbox or system depending on cash but DONT get a Peco! (I have a 'Powerflow' and mines crap but many people have them and maintain theyve got a good one).

I'd them look at upgrading the interior using parts from higher specced Novas, theres always loads in the parts for sale section, and of course your local scrappies

avoid 'Max Power' type stickers, neons etc, I would go for for the SR look and then get the interior sorted with things like SR seats, steering wheel etc etc

Mark
12-08-03, 07:49 AM
I've got a Peco, cost ?50 brand new, cash from Motoman Bristol, fits well, sounds fine.

ade
12-08-03, 07:51 AM
keep it simple m8 - dont wanna temot fate and sure it wont happen but you dont wanna spend loads of dosh on the car and then fail!

:x

Plus you can then spend more on lessons = pass faster!

:D

TBH there is TONS you can do - you got any pics of it at the mo?

Obvious ones are alloys, clean up the body work, upgrade to a mk2 (new wings, bumpers), add side skirts etc etc etc...

What do you want from the car?

shane2009
12-08-03, 09:55 PM
hey all that sent in thanx alot

Mark
12-08-03, 09:56 PM
No problem.

?Marty?
13-08-03, 02:49 AM
One thing i dont understand, is people making ' .......lookalikes'

Making base models look like SR. Making SR's look like GTE's/GSis. Then modifying GSis, or just going custom.

I understand that, but it's the 'going up to the next one up the chain' thing, rather than 'go directly to the top of the chain', or do something completely different that boggles my fragile little mind. why? why? why?