PDA

View Full Version : tuneing my c16xe

reevie1987
26-11-12, 09:42 PM
ok so i have oppted for a small block in my camo nova c16xe pre ecotec completely standard appart from cone air filter can you guys off here give me some ideas how to gain more bhp out of her i have seen some 1.6 novas do 15s 1/4 show me your ideas :thumb:

Markd89
26-11-12, 09:56 PM
Powerbox is a good start, a lot of people say they are brilliant, I've never tried one, other things are cams and a decent exhaust system

reevie1987
26-11-12, 10:26 PM
ok how much ruffley am i looking to buy a powerbox and how much bhp does it gain?

novalovingned
26-11-12, 11:20 PM
You can buy rubbish tin boxes of fleabay will cost you around £100! If you have time to wait look for a Mantzel if not I suggest making one. Do a bit of research on them, it's relatively easy. Good gains to be had with these.

Fitting the lighter E16se flat flywheel helps as does a good manifold and exhaust system.

You'll be very surprised how much these cheap bolt on modifications do for that engine. I love mine lol

philip
27-11-12, 06:14 AM
How much do you want to spend? Saw your wanted post for webers, tbh, better option would be bike carbs + megajolt, which I did on my c16xe ciuple years back. All depending on budget + what power you want, could suggest quite a few dif specs.

reevie1987
27-11-12, 02:36 PM
Ok what's a good full exsaust system to fit and are they easy to fit as its a corsa engine in a nova or am I best off getting it professinally done buy powerflow or a proper exhaust fitting company

novalovingned
27-11-12, 07:35 PM
You'll obviously have to get the manifold or exhaust flanged together to fit. As you say it's a Corsa Gsi engine in a nova. Imo I wouldn't touch powerflow for an exhaust system, cold bent bends etc, will only restrict. Grade of stainless steel is poor and WILL rust.

I run a magnex exhaust. Very solid well made system. Does the job for me :)

craig green
30-11-12, 08:03 PM
I had a C16XE with a tubular 4 branch manifold, Mantzel inlet & schrick cams. It was fooking rampant tbh. I only had it for 2 months before I found a turbo'd C16 to swap it out. Definately recommend it as a setup.

mk1nova_rich
30-11-12, 08:26 PM
Mine has the raised rev limit ECU to go with the Mantzel...pulls very very well

craig green
30-11-12, 08:40 PM
Yeah I wouldve looked out for the chip/ECU also.