PDA

View Full Version : water in boot

chrisd1986
26-11-12, 04:33 PM
Ive noticed a couple of damp patches in the corners of my boot but i hit a big puddle in the dark and i found a paddleing pool in there when i got back, there arnt any holes in the boot floor ive had the spare out aswell but i do have rusty back arches but it seems to be more in the corners under the tail light . Ive got a 1988 2 door saloon

mowgli
26-11-12, 04:58 PM
the best way to keep water out of your car is not to give southie a lift home from the NATS.......lol

it will come in thru every rust hole on the underside of the car

do you have a sunroof?? cos they can leak from the drainage pipes

chrisd1986
26-11-12, 05:03 PM
No i dont have a sun roof, like i said ive checked what i can see in the boot floor and i all looks mint. I need to convert my welder to gas cuz fluxcord is a load of ****

mowgli
26-11-12, 05:08 PM
i did a rather good codge job on holey inner arches with expansion foam on an old astra

chrisd1986
26-11-12, 06:04 PM
Yer i was thinking that but when it comes to getting the welder out when i finally get round to fitting my rear arches i will have a bugger of a job getting it all out so it dosnt catch fire will be a bitch of a job

Alphajay
17-12-12, 09:56 AM
My sons Nova had water appearing under the rear light clusters and the bodywork is in mint condition. What we found was that the pressed seam under the roof trim where the roof joins the side panels (the roof gutter) had started to seperate very slightly at the back of the car and was allowing water to get in. We fixed/filled it with Araldite Rapid epoxy resin from Morrisons (cheaper than Halfrauds). It dries almost clear and sets in ten minutes. Not had any problems since and we did that about 18 months ago.

chrisd1986
17-12-12, 12:41 PM
I took the boot carpet and the spare wheel well was full of water, ive sinced dryed it all out and found a patch that had been welded and it seeping in through part of the weld