PDA

View Full Version : competion

DEE'S NOVA
11-08-03, 07:40 PM
gtes can they keep up with saxo vts with out spending thousands of pounds on the engine as there is a tweaked vts in me town and he's a bit of an a?se so would love to take the smile off his face or will it not happen in a gte???????

locky
11-08-03, 08:29 PM
TBH a GTE would most prob beat a std S**o!
Depends on how good the driver is too!
The S**o's is a 1.6 8v same size as the GTE engine!

DEE'S NOVA
11-08-03, 08:47 PM
IS THE VTR NOT AN 8V AND THE VTS IS A 16V WITH WOULD SPANK ME AR"E STANDARD NEVER MIND HIS BEING TWEAKED :?

Fester
12-08-03, 01:30 AM
the VTS is the 16v and it would roast a stock GTE :(

ade
12-08-03, 07:48 AM
depends on the weight of the car too. Strip a GTE out and set it up right you could give him a run for his money

You prob beat his off the lights (8v quicker in accelerated bursts apparantly) but 16v prob better at longer straights/distances.

TBH you;d not get the chance to race him in Greenock - ruddy police are everywhere and the only decent straight is up by IBM or the straight between Greenock and the port and thats a 30 zone crawliong with unmarked cars!

:?

Jim
12-08-03, 09:11 AM
Let him drive like an idiot, he'll probably wrap it round a lampost :roll:

Jim

wisewood
12-08-03, 09:52 AM
the VTS would just muller you mate, 1600 16v engine and better handling than standard nova gte.

dont try - he'll just get a bigger head than he has already.

Dicko
12-08-03, 09:53 AM
think ur wrong ade the saxo are fck quick off the line. raced 1 he other day and it flew off the line. mind you i droped the clutch at 1k rpm to save wheelspining which dont help on my bloody engine. flew past him once id got going :D

from my past experiences a lightly modded GTE (zorst/filter) will beat a VTR but not a VTS!!

Ben (lurk75)
12-08-03, 10:20 AM
The VTS's are suprisingly quick, i was shocked by one when i was running my GSi, he didnt like going round roundabouts very fast though. :roll:

Dicko
12-08-03, 10:54 AM
find a lowered 1 then ben with a proper suspension kit, they fookin fly on roundabouts.
fastest small car on roundabouts iv seen was a friends 106gti. not sure how much it was droped but was seriously low. had the alloys machined so they would fit as they were really wide.

Ben (lurk75)
12-08-03, 11:02 AM
Not saying they wont, just the kid who was driving it didnt like doing it.

A friend is a car dealer and he had a 106 rallye and that thing handled like fook, was great fun.

DEE'S NOVA
12-08-03, 03:07 PM
bumer just need to wait till i get a vavlver in the astra and hie is on its arse stripped out full exhaust and head work chipped quite nice but as i said he's an a$se :lol:

?Marty?
13-08-03, 03:00 AM
106's and saxos have the same chassis.

And slag them off as much as you want, but they are better cars in general than novas. Obviously, because they are newer, and made with newer technology - thats had more research/development/testing done on it.

A modified nova will beat a saxo. A modified saxo will beat a nova. And then it depends on what mods and etc. Why bother.

WHERE is the satisfaction and/or skill in going faster than someone because you have a faster car!? Modified or not.

Wow. You beat me. But i'm in a 1.2, and you're in a valver.

When two people, in identical cars, race under the same conditions, THEN there is some pride to winning.

Dicko
13-08-03, 09:26 AM
no its more fun when the saxos think they are way quicker then and terribly disappointed when they dont win :)

?Marty?
13-08-03, 03:39 PM
Yeah, i agree, having a sleeper is cool. But i still maintain my point above. If there is a point. lol

Chris LR
13-08-03, 04:07 PM
Saxos are heavier tho....

And in all fairness they're better cars.

Alex
13-08-03, 04:10 PM
do you even like novas chris

Ste_Nova
13-08-03, 04:12 PM
i'm glad i don't have the choice..... i can't drive saxos cause of the size of my feet... and oh for the record my 1.4sr is as quick as a vtr

Chris LR
13-08-03, 04:16 PM
I'd Like a Saxo with a Nova Body. Thats about it.

It's Cheap, Reliable, Easy to Drive and 'nippy'

I know what you mean with the pedal box. If I'm wearing wide shoes I have to use the side of my right foot on the accelerator.

Chris LR
14-08-03, 10:00 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1588

Ahh it doesn't look that bad after all.

Jules
14-08-03, 10:32 AM
Are you sure??

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/BS.jpg

:lol:

?Marty?
14-08-03, 04:37 PM
lmao at Jules!

Also 'BJ' numberplate *snigger*.

Hello, sailor!

Chris LR
14-08-03, 05:11 PM
Least it's not BJ04YOU

GirlracerUK37
17-08-03, 12:43 PM
Hi

Been doing some research and you proberly get away kicking a saxo's arse !!! ever thought of cheating abit and bangin some funky shit under the bonnet, you can pick nova parts up for cheap now adays !!!

Saxo's are pants !!!! like my ex boyfriends 1.1i what a peice of shit !!!!!!! and he loves it !!!!

Getting my wannabee cossie nxt year !!!! cant afford the real thing so i will race anyone !!!!

Mark
17-08-03, 01:05 PM
Hi

Been doing some research and you proberly get away kicking a saxo's arse !!! ever thought of cheating abit and bangin some funky s**t under the bonnet, you can pick nova parts up for cheap now adays !!!

Saxo's are pants !!!! like my ex boyfriends 1.1i what a peice of s**t !!!!!!! and he loves it !!!!

Getting my wannabee cossie nxt year !!!! cant afford the real thing so i will race anyone !!!!

Err right! :roll:

epo
17-08-03, 01:45 PM
i was in me mates vts a while ago and when he came down the slip road he nailed it cudnt believe how quick it was touched a ton in no time wud have killed my gte
arnt vts's 120 bhp?