PDA

View Full Version : x16xe Hesitation!

Liam
23-11-12, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what's wrong with my engine.

It's a x16xe and was taking out of a Corsa Sport and put into my Nova.

Anyway, when you rev the car gently it is fine but when you rev it hard it hesitates and splutters. When your driving the car it hesitates at around 2,500rpm for a couple of seconds but then clears and is fine...

I've earthed the ECU and the only code I am getting is 1405 which comes back as the EGR valve which wouldn't cause this problem. Can somebody please help me!!

Southie
23-11-12, 09:28 PM
Was the engine running okay originally?

Have you had the timing set okay?

Don't you have a dblias on yours??

Edit: what fuel pump are you running btw?

Liam
23-11-12, 09:32 PM
The engine was running fine in the corsa.

It had a new cambelt when the engine was out and also replaced the multi-v pulley for a single bottom pulley.

And yes I do have a Dbilas, could this be causing it?

Southie
23-11-12, 09:40 PM
The dblias could be the problem, you may need it setting up fueling wise since you've had the cambelt change.

As said what fuel pump are you running?

Southie
23-11-12, 09:42 PM
Also have you checked for for any air leaks?

Btw for the egr how did you go about blanking it off??

Liam
23-11-12, 09:45 PM
I tried it with the original 1.2i fuel pump and it hesitated. I then replaced it with an Astra MPi pump but and it still hesitates.

Checked for air leaks and nothing.

With the EGR valve, I have tried it with it blanked off and the EGR plugged in and unplugged but it still happens. I have managed to get the EML light to go out but after about 20 seconds it comes back on again.

I didn't mention in my original post that the hesitation ALMOST goes away when the engine is hot. Could this be the coolant temperate sensor?

Southie
23-11-12, 09:48 PM
It possibly could be, have you checked your plugs since the engine work has been done? If so what colour are they??

I'm just trying to cover as many angles as possible btw ;)

Liam
23-11-12, 09:52 PM
Cheers for your help anyway...

I have changed the plugs but it still had the problem with the original ones.

It's p***ing me as I just want it to work. What I really need is someone with the same engine and just swap bits about to see if they are the problem lol

Southie
23-11-12, 10:00 PM
I'm not really up on the dblias setup tbh.

Have you added extra earths at all to the engine, my old C16xe need a couple of earth wires adding to get the engine running a little smoother... My problem mainly was the AFM though which your doesn't have.

Liam
30-11-12, 10:55 AM
Just in case anybody has the same problem or comes along this thread the problem is solved!

After spending a fair bit of money replacing the coolant temperature sensor and coil pack the problem was still there. We then checked the timing to make sure it was correct and it was. Running out of ideas we checked the fuel filter and it was full of ****. After temporarily cleaning it out we put it back in and now it works perfectly without any hesitation atoll!

Markd89
30-11-12, 11:02 AM
amazing how something so little and so cheap can cause big problems ! glad its finally sorted