PDA

View Full Version : Fuelling issues again.

leggattr
22-11-12, 07:43 AM
So after a good few days with the weber last night on way home after alittle throttle the carb started to struggle again. I thought I may have flooded the carb but looking up the symptoms it could be under fuelling.
So Iv decided to go down the adjustable fuel pressure reg to either get the flow down or up. What I can't work out is how it will increase the psi after it comes out of the pump when it isn't a powered pump/unit etc. Also still looking at keeping the vapour separator for the fuel return set up but will this effect the fpr?

mk3 vinny
23-11-12, 01:45 AM
why dont you just fit an inline fuel pump and do away with the manual pump as this may not be able to keep up with the webber. and also fit the fuel pressure regulator.

leggattr
23-11-12, 09:33 AM
Well this is now a non runner. Spoke with my dad and he fills its not getting enough fuel as when I press the throttle it is just sucking air. I was going to get a fpr but if not enough fuel is going in then I won't need it.
If I can't getting it running properly then il have to take the carb and inlet from the 12st.

leggattr
23-11-12, 11:37 AM
I think Iv solved this. Now don't know if it was me when it was put back together or the garage but the e tubes and jets were the wrong way round. Now Iv played alittle with the set up etc it runs well, doesn't hesitate when pressing the throttle and drives nice. Hopefully that's the end of it and I can enjoy driving it and not worry about everytime I go out to start it. Just need to see what it's like from cold now it's set properly.

Thanks for everybody's comments and help