PDA

View Full Version : My cursed SR

Anonymous
25-01-01, 11:59 PM
I finally thought my car was gonna be ok, i was getting loads of ppl sayin how cool it was....then the curse struck again. Heres were it all began. I bought the car a rare mettalic blue 1.4 sr in september, it was allready highly modded so that was cool, 3 weeks later a woman in a mk4 astra decided she liked it so much she`d mate it with her car. 6 weeks later i got my car back with a new wing, complete new front panel, repaired bonnnet and bumper and a rebuilt door that had been filled into shape, i also had nearly a complete respray. Sadly though i had to go back to the big orange indicators coz i couldnt afford clear ones again. i was now ?450 worse off. then on monday some rude as fuck knobead in another fuckin astra decides to reverse into my door and completely smash it leaving me with a fucked door again and a price of ?80 to buy a door and get it sprayed. c what i mean cursed. anyone else got any horror stories. both times i was about to take pics for the site

Anonymous
26-01-01, 04:32 PM
I've got a horror story about my re-spray. I wasn't even getting a full re-spray, just the sides of the car and the bumpers and trim colour coded. It's a 1.4 J Reg SR and needed a new door, but apart from that, the rest of the work was to make the car look better. I took it to a friend of a friend who said it would be his last spray job before retiring and it would be his best to date. It took my car down there on a sunday and he locked it in his unit ready to start the work the next day. However, the landlord of the unit said he hadn't paid his bills and re-placed the locks. My car was trapped in a dodgy unit for 2 weeks and i was caught inbetween a bitter law fight. I eventually got my car back after 2 weeks with no work being done to it. I went round to numerous other spray shops and they were charging twice as much. Eventually I found someone whos doing my car as I write this. However, what should have taken him 10 days is taking him 3 weeks because the wheel locking key broke and I had to order a re-placement from Halfords which took twice as long as normal. I'm praying my cr will be done in time for the rolling road next week. All together it's been a nightmare, I'll let you all know if it's been worth it :)

Anonymous
30-01-01, 02:44 PM
Well It's not that bad but what a bitch!! On my birthday some little nobs nicked my custom meshed grill from my Car!! so I'm just waiting for my new grill to be sprayed in time for Saturday!