PDA

View Full Version : Help with Insuring a Valver

krobinson
11-08-03, 01:55 PM
As most of you know, i live in Northern Ireland. I've been toying with the idea of fitting a valver for a few weeks now, as it would work out around the same as rebuilding and tuning the 1.3 i already have.

I tryed the liverpool victoria site and was doing the quick quote. I put my age as 21 which is what i'll be when the car's finished early next year. And got some quotes for GSI cavalier, which worked out at ?1700-1800. I cant ring for a quote because i have to be a member of a workers union, so i'm sorting that out at the moment. But would a 1.2i nova, converted to 2.0L 16v be a higher group than a GSI cavalier?

In otherwords, since they quoted me ?1700-1800 on a GSI cav, would it be much more/less than this for my nova with a valver?

What other car's would be the same group as a valver converted 1.2i nova? This way i can try a quick quote to give me an idea if they will insure me or not!

Thanks

Keith

wisewood
11-08-03, 02:09 PM
if you want some other quotes there is a list of them in the novaload.net links post at the top of general chat forum.

check those out - might help you.
tily saved a couple hundred quid working through the list.

Tilly
11-08-03, 02:10 PM
?400 to be exact

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-03, 02:14 PM
getting a quote on a Cavalier GSi will not give you any indication at all as it is in a different group etc etc..

Ring them up and get a quote for our nova with the engine fitted and without, i just rang them fot my Nova GSi wich is completely stripped with a roll cage fitted, carbon fibre interior, willwood 4 pots, lowered on coilovers etc etc etc and with a 1600 16v modified engine and the price was the same as a bog standard one and this was ?932 fully comp.

Lee H
11-08-03, 03:38 PM
Didn't think Liverpool Victoria still did engine conversions unless you are an existing policy holder?

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-03, 04:29 PM
they quoted me at lunchtime and she went to ask an underwriter as well.

Will
11-08-03, 11:48 PM
LV are dodgy as fook

Keith try HIC mate.....

techie
12-08-03, 12:00 AM
I'm with LV. And they aint dodgy as fook they have just had a change of company policy to protect themselves.

Too many people insuring 2.0 16v Nova's etc as modded GTE/GSi etc.

If your honest you wont have a problem

If you cant afford to insure it dont build it.

Ben (lurk75)
12-08-03, 10:12 AM
If your honest you wont have a problem

If you cant afford to insure it dont build it.

Could never have been put better :!:

As Ross said they have had a huge amount of claims on 2.0l 16v Novas so have completely redeveloped there policy structure, hence they wont insure me on my Golf either.

Jim
12-08-03, 11:15 AM
LOL Will.

Liverpool Victoria seem fine to me. Cheapest quote I've had 2 years running.

The only "dodgy" thing about Liverpool Victoria are there on-line quotes. Phone them up for a more detailed and accurate quote.

Jim

P.S. Well said Ross

Will
12-08-03, 12:29 PM
Phone up: got to underwriters "cant insure you" 1.4 into 1.2 shell

reason: "they dont do a 1.4 sting" lmfao wtf

Ring again: Can insure you price ?600

Ring again to take out policy "cant insure u given wrong info..."

I am stating my comments with them as insurers and due to above i decided against insuring with them, fair comment?..........

ending up with a policy with HIC for ?498 all in declared etc etc

Paul16v
15-08-03, 01:54 AM
lv seamed a bit dodgy to me i rang up and they wanted to insure my 2.0 16v sri as a 1.4 sri with engine mods!!!in the end insured mine with brentacre ins(they advertise in back of tv) for ?700 fully comp + i have 9 points!!!

Ste_Nova
15-08-03, 11:06 AM
LV are fine for me... hic couldn't touch the quote...

depends on ur ncd etc i've got full ncd and live in A rated area

steve-o
15-08-03, 11:23 AM
LV will NOT insure 2L 16v novas. spent hours on the phone to them yesterday

Ste_Nova
15-08-03, 01:42 PM
well they are insuring mine just fine and have done for the last 3 years

dan16v
16-08-03, 03:51 PM
have insured my valver for over a year fine! phoned them up a few weeks ago to declaire the turbo conversion and that was no probs ins went up by bout ?35 im 20 with 3yrs ncb and live in low crime rated area,
imo liverpool victioria are brill! ?736 fully comp cheers!