PDA

View Full Version : Non Starter

keironmc
11-08-03, 12:08 PM
Hi newbie here.

I picked up a 1.0 Spin last weekend as my 200sx is killing me on the fuel economy stakes.

I've decided to due some simple mods just to give it a small kick up the jacksee.

One problem though is the tempremental starting. Every now and then you turn the key and nothing, starter motor doesn't turn, nowt.

Changed the motor, coil and checked the wires but still does it occasionally? Any ideas??

Also another intermittent problem is like there is fuel blockage as occassionally the car is very jerky under acceleration, like a kangeroo learner driver, only seems to happen around half a tank??

Anyway, great site and any help would be greatly appreciated :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Keiron

Dicko
11-08-03, 12:12 PM
does it click when you turnthe key? you say new motor, i take it you mean starter motor? this problem would usualy be a bad connection on the ignition conection to the starter or the unit that sits on the starter to engage it. but if uv had a new 1 then i have no idea!

kangorooin would probly mean carb needs cleaning/fuel block in pipes or filter

keironmc
11-08-03, 03:30 PM
Cheers m8

I'll get some nitrox tonight to sort out the fuel system and some carb cleaner.

yeah I installed a new starter motor, 1st start after install was brilliant reversed her off the ramp and parked her. Shut up the garage and tried to start her and it did it again :roll:

Checked all earth contacts etc and it was fine.

Seems to be OK after some long runs but sods law will state that next time I park it the wrong way up a hill it'll bugger up again!

Dicko
11-08-03, 03:46 PM
i hadto jump mine on my own in a pub carpark last night. not easy with throttle bodies lol

check the connector on that litle wire on the starter, its that thats cuasing me all the grief!!

keironmc
11-08-03, 03:57 PM
Cheers m8

I'll get her on the ramp tonight.