PDA

View Full Version : classic car rescue channel5

marc69
19-11-12, 11:31 PM
Anyone been watching this, it is funny, especially when the Canadian is supposed to drop a windscreen and you actually see him throw it for the camera.

Knowing a little bit about Minis, the mini restoration of an "original" 1975 mini 1000 was interesting. Apart from their restyling of it was awful, when it was put on the truck to be sent for checking of straighness, the wings had grown repeater holes and the wheels grew to 12". Also the 1975 engine is yellow, funnily the same colour as the early 80s new A+ series?

The worst insult though was putting a BMW Maxi badge in it as a decoration.......Issigonis must be turning in his grave!

paul james
19-11-12, 11:57 PM
I saw one where they took an angle grinder to the whole car shell, then used body filler all over it to smooth it out again, which didn't seem to sensible to me.

L14MNP
20-11-12, 12:09 AM
Seen them all. Hillarious viewing.

I noticed the same about the Mini too. As with all of these programmes, they're rammed with continuity errors.
MG axle lying there whilst they're doing the E Type etc. lol

Spudly
20-11-12, 03:52 PM
Theyre worth watching for Lols and rofls, but nothing more, i was quite shocked when they panned down the side of the mg just as it went into the booth to be masked/sprayed, there was still rust showing in the rear side window apperture:eek:

And i properly LOL'd my ass off when they discovered a dodgy repair on the scuttle of the porsche and were like 'zomg, its a ringer' what.......lol

Iain
20-11-12, 04:58 PM
Hahaha I remember that bit 'OMG ITS TWO CARS WELDED TOGETHER oh no its just had a patch'

Spudly
20-11-12, 05:55 PM
Hahaha I remember that bit 'OMG ITS TWO CARS WELDED TOGETHER oh no its just had a patch'

Funniest bit evaaaar lol

John
20-11-12, 08:08 PM
.........is crap!............

John
20-11-12, 08:09 PM
They make brewer and china look professional!

conza123
20-11-12, 08:12 PM
i like when bernie started painting the mg himself with out it masked up even painting the wheels.

its pure crap but it makes good tv but some idiot out there believe it lol.

L14MNP
20-11-12, 08:13 PM
They make brewer and china look professional!

You mean Edd doesn't permanently live in that unit, and only knows what Mike has bought when he rips on the handbrake outside and beeps the horn for him to come out?
Give over man John! Next you will be telling me that Edd never fully stripped out the chassis on the Morgan before he had a cup of tea!

John
20-11-12, 08:14 PM
Oh wait..... lol