PDA

View Full Version : Tracking settings

Graeme
17-11-12, 02:52 PM
Just been making some enquires about having my tracking done at a place near me that has a hunter tracker but they said because it wasn't a standard car they wouldn't have the values needed to it, they said normally when they do modified vehicles that their owners supply that info for them to work to, but I have got a clue what info they require

Can anyone help?

mk1nova_rich
17-11-12, 03:50 PM
Probably an excuse for not doing it lol

Camber may be slightly increased if its lowered but castor and toe should want to be same as standard I would have thought

therealnovaboy
17-11-12, 03:56 PM
depending on what your modifications are will determine what the settings should be and what you can adjust. If you cannot modify caster or camber your best to stick to the standard settings. If you have lots of neg camber and savage toe in or out youll scrub Tires quick and have next to no grip on the wet/ice/snow.

If you can adjust your Camber/caster try the nova rally build manual settings howver these will also wear tyre quicker and be rubbish on Ice/snow.I found they were only good when you were really pushing the car. If your going slow in the wet Your gonna have a bad day.

Nova build manual is a good start then tame it down to the standard settings to your liking would be your best bet for road use IMO.

Graeme
17-11-12, 04:38 PM
Thanks very much, I was hoping by taking to them it wasn't going to involve me learning all about it lol, the car shouldn't be a million miles from factory settings imo the car is has yellow Billy's, eibach -60 mm springs, rose jointed tca mounts with the wheels pulled slightly forward, fully poly bushed, I wanted to get it done as it accelerates to the right and coasts to the left and I've had it checked by a friend with a laser align set up but it was nearly as old as my car and don't trust them

Southie
17-11-12, 04:42 PM
Here's the page mentioned from the build manual ;)

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Nova%20Rally%20build%20manual/NovaCompetitionBuildGuide_Page_23.jpg

therealnovaboy
17-11-12, 05:52 PM
if you want to check it use bits of string. you can get it incredably accurate. They use string to set up the WRC cars in the pits. My brother took photos of this a couple years ago.

Graeme
17-11-12, 06:08 PM
Brilliant thanks