PDA

View Full Version : got my ecu bak! and pics of my friends gsi

dan16v
10-08-03, 03:28 PM
finaly got my ecu friday! :D

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1573

looks a gud job hopefully it will work :lol: 12 position power wheel adjuster is a bit big and gay but maybe it needs to be easy to grap when you want to adjust it on the fly with burning rubber going every where :lol:

oh and heres my friends gsi looking nice and clean (shame bout the number plate position i know!)

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1574

Ste_Nova
10-08-03, 03:56 PM
put power wheel in choke hole... fits fine... pole can be trimmed down to size

Tilly
10-08-03, 04:08 PM
nice gsi

dan16v
10-08-03, 04:22 PM
yea was gunna trim it ste, as for position id rather it be on my right hand side i think.. weird coz im left handed :lol:

Rick Draper
10-08-03, 05:06 PM
Nice what chip did you go for in the end? EDS or V-max? Rick

dan16v
10-08-03, 07:03 PM
just went for the eds phase 3.5+ kit in the end Rick using all the v max stuff tho such as xe cam/pulley kit/adjustable fuel pressure regulator/fuel pump and the z20let injectors, im hopeing that it should run nicely i just need to get a digi vernier gauge from work 2moz so i can see how thick i need to make my preload spacer on the lsd, oh and buy a new actuator aswell as i cant be bothered to use that spring upgrade, id rather do it properly and buy a new item as my actuator is 2yrs old n e way, oh and chris from mig should send my silicone hose kit out this wk aswell, almost there! you got that mount on yet! :x

Rick Draper
10-08-03, 10:59 PM
Yep the mount is all welded in place but i have been out on the piss for 4 weeks solid so i aint had time to post them yet, i will do them soon! Rick

brian
10-08-03, 11:16 PM
thats a very tidy GSi

Mark
11-08-03, 07:53 AM
Nice Gsi!

Rick Draper
11-08-03, 12:13 PM
How long do you think your car will be now Dan? I got some more bits for mine today and i am aiming to have the engine back in by the end of next week all going well as the box still has to be sent off for its new syncros. O and i have still got to finish rebuilding my engine! Rick

Rick Draper
11-08-03, 12:45 PM
Here are some pics of my mount dan, the gearbox is a bloody tight fit though aint it!

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/139big2.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/139big6.jpg

Rick

dan16v
11-08-03, 10:12 PM
yea Rick tiss dam tight :lol: i dressed bak my inner wing abit to give it abit more space!
well i put my f20 lsd on mig so if i get a decent offer ill sell it to get the 4x4 one if not ill just adapt it! its all down to the diff! oh and while i wait im gunna get the chassis legs re-sprayed as im not happy with the finnish atm the seam sealering looks a tad weird so bk to body shop :roll:
may just say sod it and get them to respray the drivers side asap as other wise itll never get done!

Breeny
12-08-03, 12:49 AM
Why do you want a 4x4 one??

The one for the F20 fits both F20 and FWD F28. The 4wd atb will not fit a fwd converted f28 i thought??

burgo
12-08-03, 03:46 AM
was that gsi at usc as i think i saw it and it is v nice

Rick Draper
12-08-03, 10:33 AM
Breeny the F28 4*4 diff is a straight fit into the gearbox where as with the F20 one you need to shim the diff to get the crown gear in the right position. Rick

dan16v
12-08-03, 06:53 PM
wat i dont get........... got a vernier on both diffs today! f20 comes in at 125mm wide then when i measure the 4x4 one its 130mm but when you take the 2.50mm off either end of the 4x4 diff (diff ends protrude little further out of the bearing race on 4x4) it is the same. Rick i knew the crown wheel seats were a tiny bit different but is this wat i should be matching up? prob AGAIN is when you subtract the 2.50mm off one end it would bring the crown seat in line with the 4x4 one any way
arghhhhhhhhh WHY CANT IT BE EASY! :evil:

dan16v
12-08-03, 09:46 PM
rite figuered it out! finaly! put the box bak together with the short f20 set up with the spacer for the big bearing, then from the outside dressed the outer bearing shim down till it meet the bearing race tightly and smoothly, then got my digi micrometer and found the shim i require will be 3mm so hopefully my dad can knock me one up this wk!
Rick do you know what spec darren(lug16v) is running as ive never found any techie stuff onit!!?

Rick Draper
12-08-03, 10:53 PM
Not sure on Luggys spec but he used to use the site a while back. Glad you have got the gearbox together at last! Mine is almost all done, the gearbox linkage has been cut and shut shorter and the gearbox will be going off for the new syncros soon i hope! Rick

dan16v
13-08-03, 05:00 PM
Rick could you tell me exactly how much you cut from the linkage as its sum thing ive been putting off for ages! :roll:

Rick Draper
13-08-03, 05:22 PM
I think you need to cut it down by about a inch but i am not 100% sure as i have not seen my gearbox linkage since my mate cut it down. How did you get your gearbox back together? Were them bearings a bitch to get to fit? How did you manage it? Rick

dan16v
13-08-03, 07:21 PM
i done it as ste suggested Rick, used a 12" steel rule and prodded the main roller bearings on the spline shaft (one that clutch sits over) took a few mins and a few swear words :lol: oh a regal do the complete f20>f28 shims for ?40 :lol: all the hassle i went 2! :cry: ah well! going through the hypehose catalouge at work to day to find some silicone 90degree elbows for my intercooler, ill order then and book them to the ship im working on! :lol:

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 11:45 AM
:lol: You lucky git Dan! Rick

Ste_Nova
14-08-03, 12:51 PM
why is he lucky?

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 04:51 PM
Cause he can get silicone hoses for nowt! Got some pics of my gearbox linkage somewhere dan i will try and find them and send them to you but apparently it is easy to do. Rick

dan16v
14-08-03, 09:14 PM
thanks Rick what would be even better would be if you measure from the bak of the knuckle type joint to the landing face on the opposite facing side?
finaly tapped out my snapped exhaust stud and tapped in the g box m tec flange peice, will get going 2moz as i dont work fridays, try and get it in the body shop nxt week for the bay and driverside to be re done! i dont rekon ill make it to trax tho will be a rush!

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 09:29 PM
Dan i am using a Griff engineering quick shift so the measurements would be no use to you as the parts are different lenghts. I can see light at last at the end of the tunnel and it shud all be together for the end of next week/the start of the following week :lol: :lol: Rick

dan16v
14-08-03, 09:59 PM
dammit i wish i could say myne will be done by nxt week! you going to trax?
are those qwick shift kits any good? and how much are they?
i just realy hope my sprayer can fit the car in in the nxt 2wks! :o

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 10:44 PM
Nope i aint going to Trax as i am racing at Snetterton and i am only hoping for it to be done in the next week or so! Still a fair bit to do on it and that will no dobute mean more problems! There is still loads of finishing for me to do on it like fitting the door speakers, fitting the rear head rests, buying all the new boost pipes, 1k running in, cleaning it inside and out as its filthy and fitting my new shiny bits! Rick

Paul16v
15-08-03, 01:37 AM
is that gsi silk violet???looks tidy anyway

?Marty?
15-08-03, 02:35 AM
Hi kids, and welcome to the Rick and Dan show! :lol:

Fester
15-08-03, 02:40 AM
Today: what happens when your turbo baby pukes in your face and then rapes your wallet! Remember kids always use protection and keep the end of that manifold covered, or you'll end up with snail shaped things on the end, and that means ?

dan16v
15-08-03, 09:32 AM
:lol: when that happens fester ill torch it :lol:
yes Paul the gsi is silk violet just been re sprayed in that pic!

im hoping my hose kit will come nxt wk as then its all there waiting to go in, so are those griff eng kits any good Rick coz i heard you had probs with it?, new neighbours move in today so i may start rubbing my engine bay down and get the angle grinder out to settle them in :lol:

Rick Draper
15-08-03, 11:13 AM
Its ok Dan, not that good for the price as it had a really tight rose joint in the setup when i first got it and they told me it would all bed in with time but it was so tight the gear linkage would move position even when the pinch bolt was done up very tight! Had to do a fair few mods to it to make it fit on the F28 as it was hitting a lug on the gearbox but i had it modded as i still want a quick shift and not a slow shift! Rick