PDA

View Full Version : fire extinguisher

novapol
10-08-03, 01:59 PM
does any 1 no if it would be alright to screw the bracked for the extinguiser where the centre console usually is?

also

has and 1 had any probs fittin sports pedals?

im doin both these after the footie today so any advice u have... send it my way!!

CHEERS

Chris LR
10-08-03, 02:38 PM
I Hope your doing all of that for a good reason - competition.

and not to look stupid?

novapol
10-08-03, 03:20 PM
betta safe than sorry lad.

couple of my m8s had probs and wish they had had an extinguisher.

not takin any risks... some care for their cars

mikeoxford
10-08-03, 06:40 PM
chris t has his screwed to the centre console bit (without a console)

Chris LR
10-08-03, 07:16 PM
I care for my cars....

I've never taken either of them over 3500rpm.

Jim
12-08-03, 06:59 PM
I Hope your doing all of that for a good reason - competition.

and not to look stupid?

I care for my cars....

I've never taken either of them over 3500rpm.

If you don't have anything worth saying, then why bother? We all know you don't like modified cars so why are you still hanging around on a site which is mostly occupied with modified cars?

Jim

Phil_G
12-08-03, 07:14 PM
Hi,

proven fact that if you potter about gently in a car then it can actually be detrimental to the motor.

Take for example my 106... 107K miles, 1527cc diesel built in 1995. Spends most of its life pretty much flat out on the bypass and at last mot (1 week ago today) It produced a mere 15% of its maximum emissions allowance

I also resent the accusation that i dont look after my care purely because I choose to rev it. Oil and filter every 3K miles says otherwise (that is half the recommended interval btw)

And as for "keep it standard" - if the manufacturers could produce a car to suit everyone as well as our modified cars do then we would.

Phil

Mark
13-08-03, 10:15 PM
Anyway, back to the topic in hand.
My hand held fire extinguisher is bolted through the floor just infront of my driver's seat, far enough forward so the seat still goes all the way and so my feet are not touching it. Mine is in the car incase I can provide assistance to someone else, you never know when you can save a life.

novax
15-08-03, 05:15 PM
I've got mine bolted to the sub frame of the passenger seat. Tucked away but easy to get if I needed to.

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 05:27 PM
gonna jubilee clip mine to the roll cage - is that good idea or will it not hold there?

cant / dont want to drill it obviously

locky
15-08-03, 05:53 PM
Mines riveted in between the rear foowells, behind the handbrake!

Mark
15-08-03, 07:46 PM
gonna jubilee clip mine to the roll cage - is that good idea or will it not hold there?

If you get an extinguisher with a fixing bracket and properly jubilee clip it to the roll cage it should be fine, at least you can try this without making any modifications.

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 10:24 PM

If you get an extinguisher with a fixing bracket and properly jubilee clip it to the roll cage it should be fine, at least you can try this without making any modifications.

yeah it is, going to try it

been rolling round in my rear footwell since PV :lol:

Mark
16-08-03, 12:03 AM
This doesn't help but I thought you might find it funny.
A chap I know built an Astra rally car and fixed in his fully plumbed in extinguisher into the engine bay and decided to test the emergency pull cable, he asked a friend to pull the outside cable but had forgotten to put the safety pin in. - Result - A long time cleaning the engine bay and a nice bill to re-fill the extinguisher. - Oh well at least it worked! :lol: :lol: :o

dave.gsi
16-08-03, 12:06 AM
lol, serves him rite :lol:

at the mo my extinguisher is on the back doorcard (where the ashtray is). in my sr i had it on the centre console but it used to piss me rite off

mark_GSi
16-08-03, 09:37 AM
ive got mine in the passenger footwell, it might save a life 1 day, looks sweet aswell