PDA

View Full Version : the helping turbojolt to get his nova built thread

mowgli
11-11-12, 02:49 PM
right.. i was round his house yesterday simply because i was in derby & needed a cup of tea...lol lol

i can confirm that tj really does have a nova, and a garage.

its a concrete sectional design with a remote control up & over door

oh, and the nova is a late mk1, and is in quite straight & fairly rust free condition.. but it looks a bit like an airfix kit on boxing day morning... in bits & strewn around..

now. it needs a repair to the lh front tie bar mount, and the rh rear sill area, and not a lot else, its had what appears to be part of a strengthening kit fitted, ready for the xe, but has not been stitch welded.

so he needs a decent bloke on the welder for a start.. he even has a mig welder, but doesn't feel too confident with it

then we need to have a meet to give it the A team treatment....

he is in south Derby, not far off the A50, so getting there is dead easy.

i put this in the mech section to get more people to view it..

thankyou for looking, and sorry tj in case i've offended you any more than usual for posting this...

Mike
11-11-12, 02:51 PM
Wheres Derb'eh in relation to Nuneaton Mike?

Although welding out doors in teh winter :( never fun lol And Ive gotta go to Jacks house next month to do some welding & fab on his Loon of Death too lol

General Baxter
11-11-12, 02:53 PM
mike its about 15-20miles away stright up the a38 :)

mowgli
11-11-12, 02:55 PM
go up the A444 past twycross zoo & take the m42 to the m1, then back up the A50.. its about 35mins.. or up m69 to leicester & m1 to j24.. its not too bad.. all the a roads round burton have speed cameras..

it would be indoors welding & i can vouch for his tea brewing skills... but i've never seen a biscuit tin though, so can't say if he keeps hobnobs....

turbojolt
11-11-12, 04:14 PM
biscuits are for workers not guests, there is a co-op across the road you can buy your own lol

i can also supply bacon sandwiches (with the choice of red or brown sauce)

John
11-11-12, 04:15 PM
I would dearly love to help but can't commit as I'm massively busy with work stuff between now and chrimbo. When are you thinking?

turbojolt
11-11-12, 04:16 PM
between now and christmas lol

Nobby
11-11-12, 04:21 PM
As ive just said in the project thread i can come and weld whatever for a day im not brilliant but im ok lol but fuel costs would have to be covered as its a 100mile round trip lol

mowgli
11-11-12, 04:24 PM
biscuits are for workers not guests

tight sod......

have you worked out anything about that front engine mount yet?????

turbojolt
11-11-12, 04:27 PM
not yet mate i will get some pictures up tomorow to better explain it and see what people say

the rust on the rear sill/arch im just going to have that done by a body shop cant seeing it costing a bomb and while its there i might have them do the arch mods you sugested

mowgli
11-11-12, 04:34 PM
this is png. you should never use constructive advice from here, especially from me.......lol lol lol

turbojolt
11-11-12, 05:00 PM
i like the idea better then flairing the arches, something diffrent as well, i havent seen/noticed it before :confused:

Mike
11-11-12, 05:02 PM
So basically you want the engine bay stitch welding, tie bar mount re attaching (?) and a sill sorting out?

EDIT: And the rest of a plating kit fitting too.

mowgli
11-11-12, 05:05 PM
mike, he hasn't got any more of the plating kit.. the bloke fitted the big plates where the front x member fits to the chassis rail, & the tie bar mounts got plated too... but above the lh tie bar mount, the tin worm had a party & the bloke didn't sort it out.....:confused:

so it needs a bit of a fridge door welding in lol

Nobby
11-11-12, 05:23 PM
The crossmember rust only need cutting out and replating imo then stitch around the seams on it aswell

turbojolt
11-11-12, 05:29 PM
the cross member rust is right near the mounting points for the radiator so its a bit of a nightmear, its been sand blasted so the rust is dead might be worth just plating over it

Nobby
11-11-12, 05:32 PM
not the end of the world mate all you/we need to do is make a plate up and when its welded get a hole saw and cut the same hole back for the radiator mount

turbojolt
11-11-12, 05:38 PM
ive got loads of metal floating about aswell (meter brackets lol)

vessey
11-11-12, 06:09 PM
Have you got some1 to do this for you yet

scott.parker
11-11-12, 06:29 PM
Right then! If that's the case, you can all come help me in the new year lol
Lee get a glass equipped mig it will be loads better..

turbojolt
11-11-12, 06:37 PM
scott, i can come stand around and look at your nova baffled by every job that needs doing to it, im a seasoned pro at it lol

vessey, nobby is going to give it a bash for me in exhange for some polly windows :thumb:

Stuart
11-11-12, 08:09 PM
What else needs doing?

vessey
11-11-12, 08:13 PM
Ok no worrys if he get stuck witch am sure he won't giz a shout and I can practice on yours before I do mine lol

turbojolt
11-11-12, 08:15 PM
other then the welding the seats and harnesses need mounting, battery relocated, engine putting in, bit more paint work not loads really, might need some help when it comes to the wiring and plumbing the engine in

after all that its time to drive the thing for the first time in nearly 4 years lol

mowgli
11-11-12, 08:17 PM
What else needs doing?

everything except fitting the windows

turbojolt
11-11-12, 08:23 PM
everything except fitting the windows

its not that bad lol half the missing unatached stuff isnt going back in/on it anyways lol

MK999
11-11-12, 08:25 PM
its not that bad lol half the missing unatached stuff isnt going back in/on it anyways lol

That does help, fit suspension, fit seat, fit cage, fit engine... Done... nothing else required!

mowgli
11-11-12, 08:29 PM
tj.. remember.. i was rootling about with your nova yesterday.... it needs everything except the windows fitting lol

turbojolt
11-11-12, 08:32 PM
That does help, fit suspension, fit seat, fit cage, fit engine... Done... nothing else required!

thats it, then once its working i can just play about with diffrent things, as and when i want to

Novasport
11-11-12, 08:47 PM
I can lend a hand whenever, I am only the other side of Derby.

Areas of expertise are trim & wiring repair/replacement. Can paint aswell to a half decent standard.

Got a lot on at the moment but can lend a hand for an hour or so here and there.