PDA

View Full Version : anyone live in the leicester area ?

AndyGTE95
10-11-12, 09:47 PM
hi all

i was just lookin though old sercive history of my GTE and i noticed that it was origionaly sold out of a place called Erringtons of Evington LTD on the 27.9.89 :)

i was just wondering if anyone knew if this garage was still there and if they were a vauxhall dealer still as i would quite like some dealer stickers , key rings and that kind of stuff to go with my car

any info would be appreciated

cheers andy :thumb:

mowgli
10-11-12, 10:06 PM
it was a well known garage back in the day, when leicester had several gm dealerships, iirc they had several branches, but long since gone..

edit. i just had a nosey on google and found this... erringtons close LE2 4RG ...search it out on google maps, then do a streetview search & move slightly north.. the garage site is now houses, there is still a sign left & they seem to be in the vehicle rental business these days

an ad in the leicester mercury might find you some stuff, you never know..

AndyGTE95
11-11-12, 02:20 PM
thanks for the reply mate

some exellent info there , shame the dealer isint still there though :(

anyone else's car sold of there when it was new ?

+ rep btw :thumb:

mowgli
11-11-12, 02:27 PM
my first nova was from Heath Garage at Newbold Heath, leics.. it is also houses now.. it was a sub dealer, as opposed to a main dealer.
my mum bought an astra mk1 brand new (traded in a 1300 starlet[but it was a shed]) from Batchelor Bowles in hinckley, they became part of Cowies, then got sold to martin rumble, and is now houses too..

we also had Smiths of Pinwall, but they had a bust up with gm & became a ford dealer over night a good few years back...

i now have to travel about 15 miles to get to a decent vauxhall dealer..

so in leics we used to have tons of gm dealers, so people usually bought nearer to their home.. i haven't seen an erringtons badge on a vauxhall for a very long time.