PDA

View Full Version : asap plz

so1o
10-08-03, 12:02 PM
someone please tell me what the hell i should do before i get an angle grinder and cut away the middle of my dash.

been trying to get my headunit in for the last hour but no luck :cry:

i dont know how u lot do it but i cant seem to do it, its an alpine competition headunit so got quiet a few plugs and boxes behind, lots of wires, how do i get it in?

do i cut the vent, or remove it or what?how do i do it, plz help me, its really hot out there and im pi**ed off trying to get it in.

Stuart
10-08-03, 12:11 PM
plug in the two iso connectors (although it might be one big one)

put the alpine "cage" in the hole and bend the bits out to keep it still. then push the headunit in while keeping the wires and stuff out of the way

so1o
10-08-03, 12:17 PM
thanks cambridge, but thats not my problem only half of it.

its all wired up, cages already in, cant get the damn thing in, theres no space for all the wires, glove box is already out but cant see any openings so i can move the wires around whilst pushing the head unit in at the same time.

how do i cut away or take out the middle of the vents thingyy, the black pipes for the vents?

Chris LR
10-08-03, 12:22 PM
I take it the cage isn't bent or anything?
You've got the cage over the unit before you out it in...?

You don't want to get cutting any pipes or vents either...

Ste_Nova
10-08-03, 01:32 PM
get mk2 dash!!

so1o
10-08-03, 11:27 PM
thanks for the help but lol i dont think anyone understood what i was trying to do

broke the vents in the middle at the ned, cut away pipe etc to get wires in, oh well job done.