PDA

View Full Version : fans

frog_southampton
10-08-03, 11:57 AM
my fans dont work, in car and engine fan

tried changing the fan motor under bonnet in battery bay....dont work

tried shortin engine coolin fan....didnt work

all fuses are ok

one of my relays is slightley melted, would this be the problem, how do i know which relay does what?

can i get a relay from any other nova and put in my GTE ?

by relay i mean the little square thinggys nr fuse box

Chris LR
10-08-03, 12:28 PM
You should be able to find out what the relays do by looking in haynes or the fuse cover.

You didn't say if you tested the radiator fan switch - which makes the fan work..... These do tend to go after a while so I'd give that a go. Just add a power supply, a load such as a bulb and some heat.

Is there any obstruction to the cabin fan? Is there any noise what so ever when you turn it on?

Ste_Nova
10-08-03, 01:33 PM
black cap

Dicko
10-08-03, 05:11 PM
everybody told me black cap which sits on end of ignition barrel, but mine strarted working again after i left the battery disconected for a while so never bothered looking

frog_southampton
11-08-03, 06:50 PM
the engine cooling fan does not work when its shorted out either so i dont know?!?

burgo
12-08-03, 04:00 AM
well if the fan dont work wen connected str8 to battery which i wot i thik u mean by shorting it then i would say its knackered and my sr fan dont work so ive gotta work out why and if i can work it out ill let u kno wot was rong with mine

frog_southampton
12-08-03, 11:17 AM
the fans inside the car dont work either....so i think must be summint bit more than just both fans broke at same time??

Dicko
12-08-03, 11:19 AM
nope thats the exact problem i have. its the relay by the ignition module. however unplugging my battery seem to fix mine.

even if you short the wires at the front it comes kick in unless the relay is working

frog_southampton
12-08-03, 11:20 AM
so u think i should get new relays n disconnect battery??

Dicko
12-08-03, 11:24 AM
disconect your battery, get a '*' screwdriver and take off the lower panel on the bottom of your steering wheel and have a fiddle with the wires out the back of the ignition, also check all the fuses in your fuse box to make sure non are burnt out.