PDA

View Full Version : Car tax...

W-tew automotive
07-11-12, 11:04 PM
Insured on a 205 Gti 1.6, my dads just brought it to replace his car in the new year so I'm going to be running it untill then so I can finish my c20xe nova without rushing,

Churchill won't email my citificate so waiting for it in post to tax, it's insured and mot'd only thing is its in the previous owners name... Got the whole v5 as my dad didn't know who's name to put it in his or my mums, anyway long story short, how can I tax it without citificate? Can't Do it online as will send to previous owner and pain trying to get back as not local, thinking of getting my mate to do it on his trade policy? Is this possible? And will the postoffice want to send the v5 there and then with new details? And does it matter about taxing a vehicle not in your name? Or being changed into your name as it will proberly be my dads name?

Cheers,

millworm
07-11-12, 11:36 PM
I think you can use the green part on the v5 to tax it at a post office

bazil
07-11-12, 11:40 PM
I think you can use the green part on the v5 to tax it at a post office

Yup, done that before, if you can't wait for the insurance to come in the post then get them to fax it to you, done that a few times too.

W-tew automotive
08-11-12, 07:16 AM
They want £9.54 to fax it but and say as there busy it could take a day or 2!!! Might aswell wait for the documents, so I can tax the car with the green slip even if it has my dads name on it?

blue_peg_16v
08-11-12, 07:41 AM
Get your mate to do it just send remove the trade part of the v5 and let him take the rest won't have to put it in his name

kent14sr
08-11-12, 08:57 AM
Your mate can do it on his trade policy, with the green part of the V5 and MOT certificate.

W-tew automotive
08-11-12, 10:54 PM
Sorted! Churchill certificate came today, taxed it and sent v5 off in dads name, nova declared SORN, need to crack on with it now and finish it while I've got my dads spare car untill January time :)

Cheers for the advice guys.