PDA

View Full Version : All inclusive holidays

Chay84
07-11-12, 05:19 PM
Anyone been away this year

Where's best place to go and what's the best company to use?

I'm thinking of turkey at the end of may or Ibiza

Have had a wee looky but not seing much deals

bazzap8389
07-11-12, 05:34 PM
I was in Tenerife 2 months ago or so all inclusive for 2 weeks. We always travel with Thomson now as a few years ago we went with a smaller company and they went bust.

Never been to turkey but was in Ibiza last year, was good there!

Benn
07-11-12, 05:37 PM
I'm planning it with the mrs, in may/june. South Spain look nice in the books.

Edd
07-11-12, 05:41 PM
I normally just go on Teletext holidays and get the cheapest all inclusive

Book with a credit card then you have it sorted if it goes tits up

Stuart
07-11-12, 05:47 PM
The Mrs wants us to go on one next year.... I frankly cant think of anything much worse lol

Edd
07-11-12, 05:54 PM
What a holiday?

Or all inclusive?

Went to Sharm /eygpt few years back on all inclusive, was awesome, get up early, drink as much as possible from the word go, mega fcuked by the time it's too hot, deck out for a bit, then carry on drinking lol got a bit hard to keep it up after a week tho lol

Stuart
07-11-12, 05:59 PM
A holiday and All inclusive... I dislike the kind of holiday where you sit on the beach doing nothing (ok I'd build some sandcastles but thats about as entertaining as those beaches get), all inclusive is only of much use if you cain the booze etc and I'm not a massive fan of that, plus I hate holidays that are longer than 4 days. I can barely cope being off for christmas lol

Mike
07-11-12, 06:20 PM
A holiday and All inclusive... I dislike the kind of holiday where you sit on the beach doing nothing (ok I'd build some sandcastles but thats about as entertaining as those beaches get), all inclusive is only of much use if you cain the booze etc and I'm not a massive fan of that, plus I hate holidays that are longer than 4 days. I can barely cope being off for christmas lol

This is the same for me.

I am completly unable to just sit there & do nothing. Its to boring. Thus I have not much interest in holidays unless it was packed with "days out" at places like NASA Museum, Hoover Dam helicoptor tour, dune buggying through Momument valley etc etc.

I would much rather be at work playing race cars then sitting on a beach drinking beers surrounded by el gringos lol lol

mowgli
07-11-12, 06:38 PM
i have mixed feelings about this type of holiday..

we did one in crete, and we did quite a few excursions, but there were families that simply ate & drank from sun up till midnight...

mostly, the food was competent, but very much like school dinners or taybarns...

the drink was either pissy lager, vinegar wine or spirits that all tasted of ouzo......

i think is good cos you know exactly what you will spend.

Chay84
07-11-12, 07:17 PM
Well me and the wife haven't been away without the kids since Spain 5 yrs ago so we are dumping them at there granny's and running away for a week :)

I want to go to some cool water parks, my friend was in turkey and said it was good nightlife and boat trips during the day and beach bugs to be battering about on a track

I am not too bothered about all inclusive but it would be handy so you know you always have food and drink even if you run out of dosh,

A week with no kids we better watch we don't make another one lol already have a car full and don't fancy a 7 seater next

sport
07-11-12, 08:29 PM
Go to Las Americas in Tenerife youve got the awsome siam park water park and the legendry strip or some quiter bars as well. Was in there in May stayed at the Gran Oaisis All inclusive but is a family friendly hotel so if you aint got the kids might be a bit loud.

Novasport
07-11-12, 08:58 PM
Playa is a sh*t hole! Los Christianos is a tad better

Jeff16v
07-11-12, 10:12 PM
I hate all inclusive as you never get away from people, everyone wants to bother you as they are bored.

Eat out in different restaurants is way better, they love you when you go back and offer free stuff.

womble sri
07-11-12, 11:09 PM
If you go sharm go all inclusive as you are quite confined to the resort, if you were to go turkey I would go self catering. The food is so cheap and there are some lovely eateries. I went to olu deniz which is really nice couldn't recommend it enough had an awesome time I did an unreal paraglide 2km up off a mountain. Make sure you go with a reputable company if you were to do it though!

womble sri
07-11-12, 11:12 PM
Playa is a sh*t hole! Los Christianos is a tad better

Couldn't agree more I've been to Tenerife around 5 times as our friends live out there and it is a pure chavtastic holiday. Mind you it's the Russians that are ruining resorts now that there economy is doing so well in comparison to parts of the rest of the world

Chay84
08-11-12, 09:06 PM
A guy I work with goes to turkey a lot and he was saying all the drink is watered down and he struggled to get sauced up fook that, I'm not too sure now maybe just go to salou andplay it safe

bazzap8389
09-11-12, 01:29 AM
I was in salou 2 years ago, was just half board though. That's been my favourite holiday so far, the theme park is awesome

blue_peg_16v
09-11-12, 07:19 AM
Ibiza all the way with no kids but get a bank loan before you go lol

Jack
09-11-12, 12:32 PM
We went to Sharm last year all inclusive with Thompson. Did go outside of the hotel a few times and there's a fair few shops and bars around (inc an English bar lol) and did a few excursions so we weren't stuck in the hotel 24/7. Which was good as I get uber-bored sat by a pool.

Hotel was full of Germans and Russians though lol

mowgli
09-11-12, 08:13 PM
i quite like half board if i have to stay in a hotel....

that way, you get brekky & an evening meal, and who cares what you do all day, as there is always somewhere to get a snack..

i must be an exception to the rule of brits on holiday, as i always lose weight on holiday. i just can't eat much in hot weather..

marc69
09-11-12, 11:21 PM
I usually go on hols to France for 4 days aat a time (including Antibes and yes I saw a Nova). But a few weeks ago I did my first week inclusive holiday to Turkey. From the moment I stepped on the plane I realised this was a chavtastic holiday.......really not me despite loving my Novas. After a few days there we went of on day trips our selves and started eating and drinking out, really unsociable!

If you went witha group of folk you know I think iit would be fantastic but if your a bit quiet like me then maybe not.

My previous Holiday in Nice/Montecarlo cost slightly more for 4 days than a whole week in Turkey but, you get what you pay for I suppose?

Chay84
30-01-13, 04:25 PM
Booked to palma nova in end of may should be good

Adam
31-01-13, 06:52 PM
TravelRepublic usually comes up with some good deals.