PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Spray? >>>>>

Anonymous
25-01-01, 12:42 PM
Can u buy chrome effect paint in a spray can? Cos chromed wheel look good and I'd do it myself if I could find sum chrome spray. It has to benice and shiney...(obviously...!)

Cheers big ears

Ged
----------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
25-01-01, 02:07 PM
What ?

Anonymous
25-01-01, 03:23 PM
oh that sounds really good :) hmm not at all tacky

Anonymous
25-01-01, 04:09 PM
@ least nobodies being sarcastic!!!!! I only asked whether u can get chrome spray paint so that I could have a go at doing sum wheels...I only fucking asked...for fucks sake...

Anonymous
25-01-01, 04:27 PM
but think about it. it will be hard to get a nice even finish and it will chip off quicker than a dragster gets to 100. be realistic mate

Anonymous
26-01-01, 03:10 AM
Warning Chrome spray is crap u might as well just used silver smoothrite!!!!!

Anonymous
26-01-01, 09:26 AM
Finally...a sensible answer from Dannova12...cheers m8. I know fuck all about paints etc, and for all I know when i posted this message, I could have had about 10 replies saying "yeah m8, it look class...use this spray...it's really good and it lasts' etc...Now that someone has told me it is crap I won?t do it. I was just finding out.

Cheers again Dannova12

Ged
------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
26-01-01, 11:03 AM
and just what does hmm tacky and saying its gonna be hard to get a good finish meant?? of course that menat yeah do it coz it'll look great lol chrome wheels look dodgy ne way even from the factory but thats just my opinion

Anonymous
26-01-01, 01:12 PM
It's not what u said...it's the way u put it Cambridge. A bit too sarcastic...forget it anyway...;)

Ged
------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
26-01-01, 07:38 PM
hows about aluminium paint thats good up to 400*C handy for painting your discs :) sarcasim is my middle name :) no offence meant mate

Anonymous
26-01-01, 08:23 PM
hmmm good idea paint your disks :D
it'll stop really well then! ;)
Ian "sarcasm" storey

Anonymous
27-01-01, 10:40 AM
it will make them last longer lol and how about emulsion the manifold :) magnoila wuold be nice

Anonymous
27-01-01, 10:48 AM
Ged if you seriously want chrome look the best way would be to remove all the paint from the wheels and get polishing the aluminium, you will need some sort of polishing machine to avoid wankers cramp. The ally should polish up nicely but it will take a lot of work, you will then have to seal the ally from the elements with a clear laquer to prevent it from corroding.