PDA

View Full Version : desparatly looking for a nova gte distributor

ben doodar
01-11-12, 12:50 PM
part number 0237 506 012.

ive searched ebay and no joy im desperate for one as ive a guy wanting to buy my nova.
ive also posted in the parts wanted section but i think traffic is quiet around there.

thanks Ben.

Edd
01-11-12, 01:25 PM
What is the GM part number?

As there does seem to be both types on eBay

Is the no place local the could do a refurb?

ben doodar
01-11-12, 02:09 PM
Not sure on the gm part number edd. I seem to remember it saying jh4 on it somewhere. Looking on eBay there is 1 listed for the gte but is a different part number and looks slightly different than mine, I also rang a company on eBay called powerspark and he said he wouldn't supply me as he can't gaurentee it's going to be right.

I'm starting to wonder if the dizzy from my 1.2 spi nova will work on it.

Edd
01-11-12, 02:15 PM
Worth a try I suppose

Do you know what's actually wrong with yours? Might be possible to repair it

ben doodar
01-11-12, 02:21 PM
The hall sender is not working, the hall sender is like an earth pulse that sends the pulse to the coil and then allows the coil to spark. I've had a decent auto electrician out to it and he's sure of that being the problem. I have thought of trying to strip and clean the dizzy. + I think it will be worth trying swap it from my 1.2.

NOV4_SPORT
01-11-12, 02:38 PM
Hey Ben I got your pm, don't worry I haven't forgot, I will pm you asap with info mate

ben doodar
01-11-12, 02:48 PM
Thanks very much mate :)

GRUNT 16V
01-11-12, 03:06 PM
bosch dizzy or delco dizzy ???? red cap or black cap ????

ben doodar
01-11-12, 03:07 PM
What are the chances! I work in an auto factors and a customer just round the corner from us (mikeanics Motorsport) has just been on for a pair of wiper blades as I go to deliver them I ask don't suppose you have a distributor for a nova gte.... Goes off and comes back with 1 in his hand for £20 to say I'm chuffed is an understatement. :) :)

mowgli
01-11-12, 04:51 PM
i keep telling everyone that they have superceded & are the same part as the corsa b 1.2 spi.... it doesn't seem to be getting thru.. they are v cheap

ben doodar
01-11-12, 06:23 PM
Cheers for the pointer mowgli but I was concerned that the part numbers on the Corsa one were different. Thanks for the help though.

mowgli
01-11-12, 06:28 PM
bosch consolidated the part no.s a while back, and there is only one now.

ben doodar
02-11-12, 08:46 AM
well this one doesnt seem to work either, ive spoke to my sparkie mate and hes sure that this dizzy will be not working either. so im on the look out for another 1. it has a brown cap that clips on. i did try the dizzy from my 1.2 spi nova last night but the plugs are different!!

mowgli
02-11-12, 11:55 AM
i found that the hall effect sensor goes a bit funny at 3500rpm(ish) but there isn't anything else in the dizzy to go wrong.

all my sparking trouble stemmed from the coil & the amplifier thing underneath it

what is yours doing?

ben doodar
02-11-12, 01:20 PM
Theres no spark coming from the main ht lead, i had an electrician guy come to look at it last week.

He tested there was power at the little screw on connections on the coil, from there tried earthing the main ht lead and checked for a spark (as i tried previously) and nothing, then disconected the 3 pin plug from the top of the dizzy, pushed a piece of wire in to the middle pin on the plug, with the ignition on i held the ht lead from the coil to earth, whilst he just striked the piece of wire to earth, straight away the ht lead sparked and the fuel pump relay kicked in! So he says it will be the hall effect sensor gone down. but as I've tried a different dizzy and the bloke I got the dizzy from assures me it was working when he put it in to his stores. I'm beginning to think it could be something else. I have also tried a different coil and amplifier.

Thanks for your help mate.

BRoadGhost
02-11-12, 03:20 PM
And it's called a hall sensor.

ben doodar
02-11-12, 03:35 PM
And it's called a hall sensor.

Thanks for your help....