PDA

View Full Version : driveshafts

blackers999
31-10-12, 09:16 PM
Hi there can anyone help i have a corsa b rally car on a 1400 8v f13 i was wondering on upgrading shafts for some more strengh but would i have to change boxes?
Are all the shafts different thicknesses like c/v side so cld i fit like 1600 16v
Shafts or can anyone help me and inform me

dstevenson
31-10-12, 09:31 PM
Hi,

All smallblock shafts are the same, no extra strength in 1600 16v against 1.0!!

You can do the big block shaft upgrade but will need hubs, etc. to match, plenty of threads on this - mainly for red top conversions.
I have a 1400 16v (170hp) in my nova rally car and run standard shafts (were out of a 1200 originally) with quaife F13/15 gear kit. Have standard cv joints (£20 EBay jobbies), hubs, etc. and have no shaft issues at all. Reason - fitted lockstops into the rack as per works cars back in the day - very simple to make out of a bit of nylon bar or buy from hhms. These limit the steering angle on the cv's which is what destroys cv's/shafts. This does work - I keep having to lend my spare shafts to everyone else at events - if only they would listen to good advice would save them hassle, lol!!

David

blackers999
31-10-12, 09:43 PM
Ok many thanks i will look into tge safty of my cvs aswell lol another question u might be able to answer tgem i have been offfered a f10 diff cheap will that fit my f13cr?
Mark

pottersrebel
31-10-12, 10:03 PM
yes the f10 diff will fit into the f13 gearbox but you need to know what ratio the diff is your looking at buying and whats already in the gearbox now. i could offer you a really cheap diff but it could make you slower lol just depends on whats already fitted and whats being offered

GRUNT 16V
01-11-12, 10:38 AM
why do you want to upgrade ?? are you having problems ??