PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Turbo??

alanPARP
09-08-03, 04:22 PM
After many months of not knowing what to do to my gsi for extra power I stumble across a Revs feature of a 106 gti with an electronic turbo zet!? The car had a claimed power of 185bhp!! It had many mods so I'm not suggesting this turbo was amazing but I was wondering if they are any good? After checking many web sites I have found a mixed response and some say it will increase performance by up to 30%. I'm having trouble knowing who to believe cos these claims are quite strong for a unit that costs under ?400. Does anyone know the truth? I have read a lot about them not being for boost but mainly sorting engine combustion to be perfect, this surely would not give a 30% power gain? Anyway 30% of what? I would like to kno more cos I looked into a nos kit for around the same price and this would guarantee power. What do you guys think any good or just bull shit claims??

Cheers
:? Al

olly55
09-08-03, 04:25 PM
LOl them turbo zets or surbos that others r called seem to b abit too good to be true,

they resemble a pc fan and prob giv about as much power lol

load of bolox

Stuart
09-08-03, 05:35 PM
the ZET is a pile of arse, it would have to be a pretty beefy industrial fan to acctually flow enough air at near supersonic speeds to get any real power gains.

and as for "perfect" combustion, it simply dosent exist lol

A friend of mine did his dissertation on an electic assisted turbo, ie theres a motor that spins the shaft to speed untill the exhaust gass is travelling fast enough, that means boost even from tickover. but its only research, nothing was built

go for nos if you must.

Dan
09-08-03, 05:53 PM
i spy a piss take

burgo
11-08-03, 05:10 AM
i saw a feature where a bloke had made one for his car and he had a switch in the car for wen he wanted more power only prob was is wen he turned it on it just pushed to much air threw and not enough fuel so it ran like a piece of shite so he binned it

burgo
11-08-03, 05:16 AM
http://www.oz25.dial.pipex.com/ukcruise/surbo.html <<<<< wot aload of bollocks lol