PDA

View Full Version : nova gte distributor help

ben doodar
29-10-12, 10:53 PM
hello there, after my gte decided to break down 2 days before a guy wanted to come view it, ive been pissing around with it checking various things, tried a new coil and amplifier, checking fuses, tracing wires, etc etc. so i decided to ring a guy who i know through work he's an auto electrician and works for Bentley, ive heard nothing but good things about him. he came and had a look at it and within 5 minutes diagnosed it as the hall sender?? in the dizzy.

He tested there was power at the little screw on connections on the coil, from there tried earthing the main ht lead and checked for a spark (as i tried previously) and nothing, then disconected the 3 pin plug from the top of the dizzy, pushed a piece of wire in to the middle pin on the plug, with the ignition on i held the ht lead from the coil to earth, whilst he just striked the piece of wire to earth, straight away the ht lead sparked and the fuel pump relay kicked in! neat little trick ay? he says its very common amongst 80's n 90's cars.

anyway to the point of my post, the number on the dizzy is 0237 506 012. looking on ebay theres some on there that are a different part number and look slightly different, the 3 pin plug on mine goes towards the cap and the ones on ebay are pointing straight up, alot of these dizzys are listed for a nova gte, but are they interchangable? was there alot of different types of dizzy fitted? does anyone have one? lol lol

Ben.