PDA

View Full Version : family bus ... zafira gsi info needed

1990GTEBOY
28-10-12, 02:36 PM
as title .. my brother and his wife are expecting there first child early next year and he has been looking at a zafira gsi on a 55 plate .

anyone had any experience with them ... good /bad points common faults etc etc

cheers in advance guys :thumb:

Keif
28-10-12, 03:28 PM
Same as the Astra GSi.

Turbo
Clutch
Price of Brakes
Tax

53gsi
28-10-12, 03:37 PM
Also some of the sensors like to play up like the air flow meter and boost control solinoids and worn valve stem oil seals can cause smoke and often get mis diagnosed as faulty turbo seals

53gsi
28-10-12, 04:01 PM
Also forgot to say coil packs can play up giving misfire problems and water pumps can be noisey so make sure they are changed along with a full cambelt kit.Also the z20let engine does'nt seem to like aftermarket sensors so try to stick with genuine replacement sensors,oh and the same goes for rocker cover gaskets which like to leak.Dont let all the above put you off though,I have 2 mk4 astra turbo's and have been very reliable over the years giving me next to no problems so can be very reliable.Is worth having a look over on aoc as there is lots good info on these cars on there.

blue_peg_16v
28-10-12, 08:45 PM
Think I'd go for a 1.9 Sri instead almost as quick and massive improvement on fuel

Stuart
28-10-12, 08:49 PM
put it this way, my Brother in Law has one... hes a douchebag, therefore its a bad move for your bro to get one lol

I think they have stem seal issues as they put a litre+ of oil in with every tank of fuel

raf24
28-10-12, 11:26 PM
My mate's zafira gsi has just blown its second turbo in 18 months,says he wishes he'd never bought it.

1990GTEBOY
29-10-12, 05:49 PM
we went to look at one last night and it was a complete dog lollol think hes gone off the idea now lol

again cheers for the replys guys :thumb: