PDA

View Full Version : Wiring C16SE to 1.2 carb loom?

Novaloony
26-10-12, 12:00 PM
As per title,

Ive got a new carb loom but for now i need the engine running again in the nova, how would i go about wiring my C16se back in?,

Ive got the wires on the engine loom, Where / how would i wire them to the nova loom? Please dont tell me ill need a new injection loom! :(

Thanks

kent14sr
26-10-12, 12:37 PM
I thought you were putting a 1.2 in for simplicity!

Novaloony
26-10-12, 06:28 PM
So did i but got a fair price on insuring it with the 1.6 engine and its still less than what im paying on a 1.3 fiesta atm! Ive found the wires i needed on the carb loom so fingers crossed that works

kent14sr
26-10-12, 06:32 PM
It should do - if you join wires, solder them and shrink wrap the joints. Beats crimping type connectors!

Novaloony
26-10-12, 06:33 PM
Ill crimp it first then if it runs ill get them soldered. i cant solder to save my life lol.

Novaloony
29-10-12, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for C16se?

mowgli
29-10-12, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for C16se?

haynes...

basically, big red from loom goes to the back of the starter
black goes to the coil feed.
green to rev counter (if fitted)
brown/yellow(i think) is eml & goes to the original choke light.
and the blue/red goes to the fuel pump.

as long as you have all of the c16se wiring, including the fuel pump relay, all will be fine.

you re use all the 1.2 sensor, starter & alternator wires

Novaloony
29-10-12, 06:39 PM
Ah that makes sence! Thankyou sir +rep.

I know about the red loom to the starter, the black isnt a earth then? and its a late dispack engine so where would my alternative be?, green - yep. and the is the eml the same colour on the nova loom so its just a case of connecting it up to the dash? or is that the wire on the nova loom in my engine bay?,

Sorry to be a pain, done some bits on it earlier but having man flu i cant for the life of me think what colours the wires are in the engine bay!
Thanks mowgli

mowgli
29-10-12, 06:43 PM
the black is always ign +ve on a nova, the red is always battery +ve.

you say you have a 1.2 carb loom, so the feed from the ign switch to the coil that is black is the one to power the ecu.

what spec is the car?? mk1? mk2?

Novaloony
29-10-12, 06:46 PM
It is a mk1 mate, its a 1.2 carb loom, sorry to sound dumb but do i even have a coil? I thought it was coilpack

Novaloony
30-10-12, 01:11 PM
and shes runninng!!

mowgli
30-10-12, 08:00 PM
thats good news