PDA

View Full Version : WELL HAPPY...

Paul
08-08-03, 11:36 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've got my respray booked up for August 26th, ?350 for a full colour change if i strip the interior myself...

Bought Piper exhaust system and finally getting my backbox on on Monday.

Ordered some clear rears today, inc. next day delivery ?65.

My mum has agreed to buy me a spoiler, wooo!! Mondeo estate

Dad's paying for respray, and i'm thinking of getting a metalflake done. Definately going black though:

Put a sideskirt on yestaday, everything seems to be going so well on my car at the moment.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1568

So happy at the moment.

Paul :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

?Marty?
08-08-03, 11:48 PM
good for you mate :D

privatepie
09-08-03, 12:01 AM
lking gd m8

u shore bout the mondeo spolier?
martin

Fester
09-08-03, 01:10 AM
looking mint mate i can see the vision although i second privateponce (sorry m8) on the spoiler :-:

Mark
09-08-03, 08:42 AM
It's going to look good, where did you get the rear lights from?

Damogolfgti
09-08-03, 08:51 AM
lookin good paul

Ben (lurk75)
09-08-03, 09:53 AM
?350 for a full colur change with Metalflake- Fair play to you, i wish i knew a bodyshop like that.

Are you removing the engine yourself as well?

JonL
09-08-03, 10:02 AM
Yeah how come its so cheap, i want one ;) Good luck with it :)

Paul
09-08-03, 11:47 AM
That aint with metalflake, that will be extra, I'm not sure whether to go for that or not? Im not having the engine bay done, just underside of the bonnet and that.

AB styling are doing the clears for ?55, ?65 inc. insured next day delivery.

Thanks for all the nice coments, I think the mondeo estate spiler will finish it off.

Ben (lurk75)
09-08-03, 11:55 AM
I would consider having the bay done if your cahnaging the colour or it will look like a ringer.

Paul
09-08-03, 12:05 PM
Too expensive, it's not a show car either.

Jim
09-08-03, 02:19 PM
?350 for a full Respray :s

Don't want to sound like a pesamist but I paid ?600 to have the sides of my car and bumpers resprayed and the guy did a really bad rushed job. In my experiences I've learnt that cheap price = cheap job. I've hated my car for the last 3 years since it was done and it was ?600 down the drain. If I was you I'd consider the quality of the finish for ?350. I hope you prove me wrong and the guy does a wicked job, but personnaly I'd be a bit cautious :s

Jim

Breeny
09-08-03, 02:43 PM
that cheap price = cheap job

U sure about that Jim :wink:

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:30 PM
Cheap price, cheap work?

It depends on who it is. If it's a small business, they have smaller overheads and can do work cheaper. I mean out of that ?350, only a very small fraction is materials, the rest is labour.

Then there's 'mates' rates, 'foreigners' and etc.

I'd say that average rates are from ?700 for re-spray (outside only), and ?1500 for colour change (with them stripping the car). Anything else and i'd be cautios.

That is a 'too cheap to be good' price, but there are a lot of bodyshops and they can compete on quality or on price, but if the quality is high all round, then the one's with the cheaper prices will get more work so it makes sense to cut the prices. So it is possible to get high quality and a low price. Even if the price is low, if the works crap, then there will BE no work offered even if the prices are very low.

Ah bolllock, i've gone off on one again.

locky
09-08-03, 04:13 PM
Last year i payed bout 500 quid for the respray, a weeks labour!
But i supplyed the paint, thuinners, hardener e.t.c, although i didnt pay full wack for the paint e.t.c!

olly55
09-08-03, 04:19 PM
nice one paul, interoir aint gonna b hard to strip anyway,

350s a fukki ngood price im payin 750 for mien but im really good m8s with the bloke that owns the shop plus its goin to be lets jus say 'different' lol

prices al ldpend on who u kno if u kn othe bloke then eh aint gonan do a rushd shit job most likely all the bodyshops i kno wudnt let a shit job roll out the paintshop far too proud of repuation,

whos doin ti paul? charles uncle will do em for about 500 to anyone fukkin good job too

Mark
09-08-03, 06:26 PM
Surely better to have the engine bay done, as said earlier will definately look like a ringer.

dave.gsi
09-08-03, 07:35 PM
ringer/minger

will look stupid cos its a red car so it'll be sooo obvious.

can get away with it on black cars

Mark
09-08-03, 08:02 PM
Well said.

Fester
09-08-03, 11:40 PM
whats the point, if the emphasis of the project car is sticking to a budget then the engine wont be dressed up anyway and the only time the bonnet will be lifted is for mechanical reasons rather than viewing

Mark
10-08-03, 05:54 AM
See your point Fester, but from a purely personal point, I hate to own a great looking car with great paint and wheels etc, and then be reminded every time you open the bonnet that it's actually a piece of s**t witha bit of paint slapped on. - Purely personal view though. :)

olly55
10-08-03, 12:44 PM
i see wat u meen but jus coz he dnt get the bay painted harldy means that it will be a piece of shit :roll:

ade
10-08-03, 01:31 PM
looks goos paul! Like the vents on the bonnet!

Don't want to sound like a pesamist but I paid ?600 to have the sides of my car and bumpers resprayed and the guy did a really bad rushed job

Feck m8 - to me that sounds like a fair bit - I mean - Vauxhall quoted me ?800 for a full respray and to remove all rust and dings on my car before I rebuilt it last yr - and that was inc vat!

?350 is cheap - check what theyre gonna do - ie is is a moonlight job by one of the sprayers and will they be derusting/sealing bits etc

If youve gotta strip it yerself does that include windows? I recommend removing ALL windows/roof lining etc - EVERYTHING! Paint dust gets everywhere!

Would be nice to have a model of the car when its fully built? You considered putting your name down for one of my custommodels??? :D :wink: 8)

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
10-08-03, 11:38 PM
Dont want to keep going on about it but for the sake of one and a hlaf hours to remove the engine and half a litre of paint, then you can do a rebuild on your engine and check all is in good working order.