PDA

View Full Version : Engine hesitation Problem E16SE

VineshN
25-10-12, 01:35 PM
Hi, I have an 1.6 8v Monza Gsi (E16SE). The car has an intermittent hesitation problem that im trying to fix. While driving the car suddenly cuts of. It usually happens on acceleration from a stop just after you have changed a gear and are releasing the clutch. The car does not switch off and continues to idle. If you hold the accelerator down at a fixed position while the car is stationary it will rev up to about 1800 rpm and drop down again to idle. The EML light does not go on. If you switch off the car and start it again it drives perfectly for weeks till it hits this problem again. Its almost as if its running in limp home mode. The cutoff feels exactly like the way it cuts off when it hits the rev limiter. Any ideas what the most likely cause of this problem is? I really love this car had it for 12 years now but this problem makes it very unrealiable and I really dont want to sell it.

CorsaBBoomer
25-10-12, 03:03 PM
My guess goes to the AFM, try changing this if possible.

I had a similar problem and changed mine and now it runs as a charm ;)

VineshN
26-10-12, 08:02 AM
Thanks. Thats the one thing i was hoping you wouldnt say. In South Africa it is practically impossible to get this part. I will have to import it from somewhere at huge cost.