PDA

View Full Version : Redtop problems

harryt
25-10-12, 02:55 AM
HI GUYS NEED BIT OF HELP I GOT A CORSA B WITH A REDTOP IN IT AND BROUGHT IT BOUT A YEAR AGO NOW TIME HAS COME TO START ON THE PROJECT AND COME ACROSS A FEW PROBLEMS

FIRSTLY WEN I GOT THE CAR NEVA USED TO IDLE PROPERLY WAS ALWAY UP AND DOWN BUT SETTLED ONCE WARM BUT NOW IT HAS MEGA TROUBLE IDLEIN AND IF U PRESS ACCELERATOR IT CUTS OUT.

ALSO WEN I DISCONNECT TEMP SENSOR IT IDLES AT 4000 REVS BUT WEN ACCELERATOR IS PRESSED IT CUTS OUT

SO I PROB IS THAT IT CUTS OUT AND IDLE PROBS

CAN ANY1 HELP DONT WAN BREAK N WAN GET CAR ON THE ROAD

ANY IDEAS ON WAT CUD PROBLEM BE I DID RESEARCH LIL WHILE AGO AN KEPT HEARING KNOCK SENOR BEING MENTIONED.

ALSO 1 OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT I THINK THERE MAY BE A WIRING FAULT OR FEW WIRES NOT CONNECTED PROPERLY AS THE PLUG FOR ECU HAS FEW WIRES OUT AND NOT CONNECTED BUT DID RUN WEN WAS PLUGGED IN.

ALSO ON THE ROCKER COVER THERE IS NO BREATHER HOSE BUT WAS TOLD WUD NOT MAKE ANY DIFF IF WAS THERE OR NOT :confused:

SO ANY HELP WUD BE MUCH APRECIATED

CHEERS

HARRY

CAN PUT UP PICS OF WAT CERTAIN BITS OF THE ENGINE IF NEEDED

NUMBER IS 07852 170402

philip
25-10-12, 07:16 AM
Which breather hose? As iirc it goes into the tb after the throttle so if theres an airleak chances are that could cause the **** idle and then the engine to cut out when opress throttle.

You may also be having problems with the idle control valve on the underside of the inlet too, may be worth changing too see if helps.

harryt
25-10-12, 02:04 PM
ok mate cheers will have a check over weekend and let ya no

Stuart
25-10-12, 03:04 PM
retype that in english and more people will want to help