PDA

View Full Version : Corsa B Sport 1.6 verdict?

Asa-James
23-10-12, 09:14 PM
Might have the opportunity of getting one tomorrow (after I MOT it, definitely going to fail on emissions as the cat is Knackered)

Are they any good? Worth it as a cheap winter runaround?

John
23-10-12, 09:16 PM
Think slightly more refined nova. Yep deffo cheap runaround/nova engine donor.

therealnovaboy
23-10-12, 09:35 PM
Decent run around. Can be quite slugish and not as "nippy" as a nova 1.6. I always thought the 1.4 sri had more go about them for what they are. All the emmitions stuff slows them down alot as dos the w4nky inlet. Well looked after ones run forever.

Youll need to refrain your self from tunning it. Their is some cheep mods that make them so much better. E.G. Mantzel, manifold, decat, shocks, lightened fly, cr box,

Deffo good winter car with the right tyres it will go anywhere. As long as you dont lower the front too much they handle quite well. best substitute for a nova in the vauxhall range imo.

pottersrebel
23-10-12, 10:16 PM
i have a cat to a corsa sport 1600 knocking round my garage scrap yard say its woth £2 so if u can pick up its yours im in stoke mate

Asa-James
23-10-12, 10:17 PM
i'll see what happens tomorrow fella :)

turbojolt
23-10-12, 10:21 PM
fun cars, really shift when you get the revs up

pottersrebel
23-10-12, 10:21 PM
ok mate if you do want it just pm me also got a few more bits knocking round for them aswell including a non running engine (suspected head gasket)

Mazz
24-10-12, 07:27 PM
definitely going to fail on emissions as the cat is Knackered

Take it off, knock out the honey-comb, refit! simples!

Mike
24-10-12, 07:35 PM
IMO Corsa Sports are a right hoot to drive. More so then a Nova 1.6 8v.

5J rims, decent amount of power, they get lovely light on the rear too. Can proper chuck 'em into islands & do huge scandanavian flicks. Tonnes of body roll & stupid soft suspension makes for an ever lasting winter hack thats such a laught down B road. There not to heavy on fuel, will sit at 100 all day long. And as said, looked after well it'll run forever.

Corsa B's in general are also really good in the snow. Until you put stupid big wheels & lows on them.

mowgli
24-10-12, 07:46 PM
fun cars, really shift when you get the revs up

that explains a lot............................................... ......

Mazz
24-10-12, 08:40 PM
lol

turbojolt
24-10-12, 10:46 PM
that explains a lot............................................... ......

:roll:

General Baxter
25-10-12, 10:39 AM
there a hoot !

i raced mine about everywhere, and some how still got 35mpg lol

Asa-James
25-10-12, 10:20 PM
He had it repaired :(

Always next year tho

turbojolt
26-10-12, 08:07 AM
He had it repaired :(

Always next year tho

buy mowglis he cant seem to fix it :tard:

leggattr
26-10-12, 08:20 AM
I had one a year or so ago, had a cone filter fitted and kept getting flat spots. Put a standard air box in and drilled out some holes and took out the air restrictor and ran great.

mowgli
27-10-12, 08:10 AM
buy mowglis he cant seem to fix it :tard:

been working long hours & waiting for bits... the last of which appeared yesterday.... all will be revealed in due course...

kc_08
29-10-12, 06:24 PM
good little engines if looked after, although i dont get 35mpg thrashing mine about lol, all its had done is cat back, no eco tec, airbox and inlet manifold, running an f13cr gearbox and stripped out making it fun down the lanes and bottom end, although will not push more than 120 at nearly the rev limiter.. But kept in the revs (3500rpm+) its a right responsive hoot to drive!!