PDA

View Full Version : Strippers: Cars for cash

L14MNP
22-10-12, 10:56 PM
This is a crap programme, no question. I still record it though.

What is bizarre though is in 3 episodes I have seen 2 people/companies I have recently had dealings with.

The first was the Prestige car breakers (A8's) when they bought some Audi A8 parts. They are based in Stockton. I was there with my mate when he bought a rear bench for his Chevy truck.

The guy tonight who bough the Corvette LS1 and 'box etc is from Essex. He has a company building and selling hopped up American trucks mostly. Guess where my mates 1948 Chevy Stepside came from. lol

Also, in the second episode, I couldn't help noticing that they bought a bug eyed WRX from the same Indian bloke that Mike Brewer also 'bought' a car from. the R33 GTS-T. Mike and the annoying geezer Frankie both had a shot in a drift car supposedly not affiliated with said Indian bloke.

Hmmmmm.

Andy
22-10-12, 10:58 PM
do women take their clothes off,revealing where it goes in?

L14MNP
22-10-12, 11:04 PM
No mate. You want 'Pawn Stars'. You won't be disappointed, honest.

I'm watching 'Classic Car Rescue' now. I hate Bernie Fineman. lol

Andy
22-10-12, 11:06 PM
they were brawling like nufc last week on that lol

Iain
22-10-12, 11:07 PM
Watched Classic Car Rescue earlier too, I love how he flips out that a car standing for 20+ years doesn't fire into life without remedial wiring/engine work first lol

L14MNP
22-10-12, 11:08 PM
Watched Classic Car Rescue earlier too, I love how he flips out that a car standing for 20+ years doesn't fire into life without remedial wiring/engine work first lol

Spoiler alert. :( lol

It's all about Bernie throwing his toys out the pram! Or Mario throwing a Mustang windscreen on the floor.

brainsnova
22-10-12, 11:09 PM
CCR was good tonight with the Cadillac but don't show enough work for my liking ie: the underneath plating

L14MNP
22-10-12, 11:27 PM
My mate just rang me. My assumption was correct. It was his very truck on the ramp in Darrens workshop.

He is now pleased. lol

Adam
23-10-12, 04:11 PM
That program is class! lol
So written its unbelieable, but still a right laugh.

And the self proclaimed car "expert" Bernie with 50years in the trade knows absolutely nothing about even basic mechanics lol

Jack
23-10-12, 04:44 PM
The first/only time I saw a show with bernie in was one of those london chop shop things. All I remember was him having an orgasm about driving a clapped out 325 with no bonnet and how "fast" it was.

Since then, I've pretty much avoided anything with him in lol

L14MNP
23-10-12, 05:07 PM
The first/only time I saw a show with bernie in was one of those london chop shop things. All I remember was him having an orgasm about driving a clapped out 325 with no bonnet and how "fast" it was.

I go out of my way to watch programmes with him in. lol

The annoying, shouty cockney with little idea and impressive bodging skills are what draw me tbh.

'Young mechanic of the year' was a good un too. Bernie was one of the judges.

Adam
23-10-12, 05:07 PM
Well he uses the saying "That engine is blown, bin it" a lot, the "fault" then turns out to be something like a cracked dizzy cap.
You get the idea.... lol

L14MNP
23-10-12, 05:11 PM
Point blank rattle canning of the Bangra wedding car/Metrocab taxi was first rate too.

Painting the lot (yep, even the belts) with zero prep, bar a jet wash ftw.

mowgli
23-10-12, 05:11 PM

i happen to know who actually bought that thing......(well, the second one as the first one they did burnt out in the lockup...)

L14MNP
23-10-12, 05:16 PM
i happen to know who actually bought that thing......(well, the second one as the first one they did burnt out in the lockup...)

Should have named it Hellno, not Sumo. lol

I remember seeing it on eBay a year or so ago. Truly a beast.
It was bought to be run over with a monster truck at Trax or similar, wasn't it?

mowgli
23-10-12, 05:22 PM
nope that was the shocking saab turbo thing that the bloke from spandau ballet had for about 3 seconds.....

the fit & finish on the bmw as not as bad as you'd think...nearly, but not quite.....lol

L14MNP
23-10-12, 05:27 PM
nope that was the shocking saab turbo thing that the bloke from spandau ballet had for about 3 seconds.....

the fit & finish on the bmw as not as bad as you'd think...nearly, but not quite.....lol

Oh. I remember that one too. Where it wouldn't start at the drag strip. lol

I almost liked the *******ised 944 they made into a Camaro thing for Ginolas son.

It's like anything though, I can always admire great workmanship, no matter what the end produxt.

That's why Bangra Bangers was pretty decent. Rudimentary tools, and a skilled hand. Parts of that were ingenious tbf.

mowgli
23-10-12, 05:30 PM
hmm.. in a country of 100million people that think its ok to crap in the street, anything that doesn't have a cow pulling it will look impressive

L14MNP
23-10-12, 05:42 PM
hmm.. in a country of 100million people that think its ok to crap in the street, anything that doesn't have a cow pulling it will look impressive

lol lol

Sticking bare wires from power tools into wall sockets, and using knackered hacksaw blades for knocking down body filler on panels. Superb stuff.

As for wanting to be the next Enzo Ferrari... lol

The congestion busting POS they built on London Garage was annoying though, with the narrator awe struck by Bernies skills. "He actually made the thing run on vegetable oil..."

turbojolt
23-10-12, 05:45 PM
it was a shame they let that joey touch the body on that scooby engined golf they built

L14MNP
23-10-12, 06:24 PM
it was a shame they let that joey touch the body on that scooby engined golf they built

Yeah, was cool when it still resemebled a mk2 GTi. lol @ swapping bootlid for a pool table too. Bernie was less than imprezed. :|

turbojolt
23-10-12, 06:27 PM
GOOD SWAP IMO lol

L14MNP
23-10-12, 06:43 PM
GOOD SWAP IMO lol

100%

Speaking of the guy who swapped it (Lee), I am reminded of the 'mental' 2.0 16v mk3 Fiesta they built. lol

Also where the lads introduced Bernie to four pots and coilovers. They also had wheels banded in that, so no 10" spacers for once. That Capri was pretty cool imo.

Spudly
23-10-12, 07:14 PM
I deliberately watch ccr for LOL's and rofl's, its massively dramatised for those who know bugger all about cars, had to laugh at the Chevy last night, the assessor missed the fact the passenger side of the bonnet was a country mile out from the wing, and i thought he missed nothing :eek:

Really amused me when the rear beam fell off the mg the other week that was piss funny, then as if by magic five mins of 'welding' and it was back on again, then the shot down the side of it still showed rust in the window aperture before paint, noice :p

And as mentioned, i keep expecting them to come in one morning and find a half stoned transformer shaped object sitting there in the workshop, and Leepu proudly stood beaming next to it lol