PDA

View Full Version : Nova SR Bumpers

guptatronic
22-10-12, 07:09 PM
Hello, My nova 1.4 SR bumpers and rear boot handle/trim has faded very badly I'm thinking of painting them but worried I'll lose the orange peel (bumpy effect) as I want my car as factory as possible. Do new bumpers ever come up for sale? Has anyone spayed there's?
Thanks
Rob

Spudly
22-10-12, 07:41 PM
You can/should try a heat gun and bumper gel from a proper valeter (if you know any) or autoglym bumper care (should look like green snot) make slow (but not too slow) passes with the heat gun and you will see the colour come back, do the whole bumper then go over with bumper care, it will fade again but its only like having to polish your car, do it as part of your cleaning and polishing routine!

The more you use bumper gel, the longer the effect will last (you shouldnt need to use a heat gun everytime though, just the once and make sure you dont melt the plastic) good luck lol

guptatronic
22-10-12, 07:56 PM
Bumpers and trim are off now, This sounds a good idea. thanks I'll try it in the next few days.

Edd
22-10-12, 07:58 PM
Paint them with Upol Plast X mid grey, proper bumper paint comes in can, very very good results, many have done it including myself

guptatronic
22-10-12, 08:02 PM
Is it a good match with the vinyl's?
Thanks
rob

Edd
22-10-12, 08:11 PM
yes

guptatronic
22-10-12, 08:15 PM
This sounds ideal, I'll get some ordered and give them a blow over.
Thanks
Rob

John
22-10-12, 08:18 PM
Another vote for u pol bumper stuff, try and get a good match to the original shade.

Edd
22-10-12, 08:20 PM
the mid grey is ideal for mk2, late mk1 sr

you can get it off ebay for good prices

guptatronic
22-10-12, 08:27 PM
thats sound, thanks pal