PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - standards GTE/GSI front calipers - possible swap for MINT 256mm set up

b943weg
21-10-12, 11:26 AM
I am after a pair of standard front calipers and discs from a GTE/GSI in good condition. I have a mint set of 256mm front discs and calipers that have done around 1000 miles from new that I would swap for a mint set of standard ones. I am located in Hinckley near Leicester.

What does anyone have that may be of interest?

Cheers

PS - I have just fitted some used ones that I was told were the 'right' ones, and after rebuilding, fitting and bleeding them it turns out they were the wrong caliper type. Not impressed, so please, only let me know if you are 100% sure that they are the standards GTE/GSI ones. I want to get me standards 3 spoke rims on!

Mike
21-10-12, 11:30 AM
Go down a scrap yard & pull some off the front of ANY Corsa B. Job done.

Or if its the Delco calipers your after, write yourself a will first & then go hunting lol as they are just dangerously inadeqaute brakes.

Archie
24-10-12, 09:51 AM
Or if its the Delco calipers your after, write yourself a will first & then go hunting lol as they are just dangerously inadeqaute brakes.

Are these the Delco brakes?

There the ones i sold him which turn out to be wrong although i'm certain they were Delco as they came off a 91 GSI?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/Selling/a735209c.jpg

bazil
24-10-12, 12:39 PM
3 spokes gsi wheels fit over 256 brakes, they are the 47.5mm ET ones

It's a snug fit but do fit as I've tried it.

mowgli
24-10-12, 01:21 PM
Are these the Delco brakes?

There the ones i sold him which turn out to be wrong although i'm certain they were Delco as they came off a 91 GSI?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/Selling/a735209c.jpg

they are delco. look for an astra mk3 td, or a corsa b with 236mm vents & thenfit the ate calipers... ate ones stop, delco don't

Archie
24-10-12, 06:08 PM
they are delco. look for an astra mk3 td, or a corsa b with 236mm vents & thenfit the ate calipers... ate ones stop, delco don't

Well thats the brakeset i sold him to be told there wrong....

mowgli
24-10-12, 07:41 PM
the ones in the pic are factory delco vents, as fitted to gte's & fit fine. but are crap...

op, are you sure you haven't got sr alloys?? if you have, how about a 5mm spacer each side??

b943weg
28-10-12, 09:02 PM
Update....Ive fitted the calipers (Delco) and discs (256mm) shown in Archie's pics. I have 14" 3 spokes with an ET47.5 offset. The inside of the rim hits the front outermost edge of the caliper. Any ideas why the wheels will not fit over this brake set up??

mowgli
28-10-12, 10:09 PM
pm replied to.

b943weg
30-10-12, 08:24 PM
Hello Mowgli. Your inbox is full. It seems that 236mm diameter and 20mm thick (vented) are the most likely option. I might get a set from CAS and try them.
If my wheel still doesnt fit over them then I give up. I'll have to buy some ATE calipers (££££).
I'm shocked that Vauxhall would fit such bad calipers, if thats the case with the Delco ones. I guess it's because the sliders seize if not properly maintained. As I've just rebuilt me Delcos, including new (and greased) sliders, I might stick with them for the moment...if I can get the wheel to fit!
Cheers

mowgli
30-10-12, 08:39 PM
truly, they were like a mechanical version of anti lock if you fitted decent sized tyres...... cos i could never get them to lock up

the ate ones are way better