PDA

View Full Version : c20xe/let idle control valve

brucer
20-10-12, 04:31 PM
hey all, what are its characteristics when off the engine, as where does the flap sit?

my LET seems to idle around 1200rpm and cant find any leaking pipes so thinking it might be the control valve. got it off and the flap sits open slightly, fortunately i had a spare but this does the same thing.

should the flap open fully or only partially? as both the ones i got wont open right up.

thanks for any replies

bruce

Jeff16v
20-10-12, 07:56 PM
The two Idle valves i have both are slightly open, my throttle flap does not fully close so i was going to ask if it should as my idle is slightly high.

Benn
20-10-12, 08:14 PM
Should be open abit, dont forget that you need to oil it after cleaning. as that cam jam it open.. 3in1 oil is best.

brucer
21-10-12, 03:39 PM
ok cheers benn, should the flap be able to move fully open or does it only open that little bit and move back to closed?

Benn
21-10-12, 05:02 PM
You should be able to open it fully easily. I dont know it it ever fully closes or opens fully when it use tho.

brucer
21-10-12, 09:09 PM
Nah thats cool, both the ones I got wont open fully, only a little bit. They will move back closed with a screwdriver

Pistol Pete
22-10-12, 09:38 PM
I know mines an XE, but i had a dodgy idle condition. A clean up of the earths on the fuel rail and resetting the TPS and it runs sweet as.

Jeff16v
22-10-12, 10:03 PM
I know mines an XE, but i had a dodgy idle condition. A clean up of the earths on the fuel rail and resetting the TPS and it runs sweet as.

How did you reset the tps mate?

Pistol Pete
22-10-12, 10:11 PM
Slackened the screws and listen for the faint "click" just as the throttle flap opens. lol took a few goes mind!

Jeff16v
22-10-12, 10:13 PM
Slackened the screws and listen for the faint "click" just as the throttle flap opens. lol took a few goes mind!
Sweet, cheers fella, rep on way