PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport 4x4 CLET in Total Vauxhall

A11VXL
20-10-12, 01:12 PM
Just had November's issue delivered at work and there's a Nova Sport running a CLET with 4x4 running gear.

Spudly
20-10-12, 01:13 PM
Lol ive already beaten you with the FAO Longdog Charlie thread :p

A11VXL
20-10-12, 01:16 PM
LOL I had a quick look around and was surprised no one else had posted especially as its got a PNG sticker in the window!
Now off to spec savers!!

pie
20-10-12, 01:19 PM
tis one sweet nova :)

A11VXL
20-10-12, 01:24 PM
Certainly is, years ago not long after I had built A16VTB some one was supposed to have built a 4x4 but all anyone every saw was and nova shell on axle stands with Calibra turbo running gear on the floor underneath, nice to see one done

jonn
20-10-12, 01:29 PM
is this in issue 141 with the white astra on front page?

A11VXL
20-10-12, 01:33 PM
No issue 142, it has a red cavalier dragster on the cover, the Sport is on an insert at the bottom

jonn
20-10-12, 01:35 PM
my shop must be an issue behind! got 141 yesterday

milwain
20-10-12, 02:44 PM
Is issue 142 for sale in shops today ?

brucer
20-10-12, 04:34 PM
might be next friday, subscribers get it before its out in the shops

Spudly
20-10-12, 06:33 PM
Certainly is, years ago not long after I had built A16VTB some one was supposed to have built a 4x4 but all anyone every saw was and nova shell on axle stands with Calibra turbo running gear on the floor underneath, nice to see one done

Hold the phone, YOU built A16VTB, wow what an accolade, thats an awesome car and good to see its still going strong today :d

Stuart
20-10-12, 06:42 PM
Hold the phone, YOU built A16VTB, wow what an accolade, thats an awesome car and good to see its still going strong today :d

It's The fella wot ownz courtenays lol spud wake up :p

Spudly
20-10-12, 06:44 PM
Well i didnt know that, mustve missed the introduction thread, must be Mr Watts then im guessing?

Stuart
20-10-12, 06:45 PM
Well i didnt know that, mustve missed the introduction thread, must be Mr Watts then im guessing?

Other one.

Spudly
20-10-12, 06:46 PM
Lmao @ my own ignorance, i dont know who the other one is, and you dont either otherwise youd have named him :p

Stuart
20-10-12, 06:47 PM
Lmao @ my own ignorance, i dont know who the other one is, and you dont either otherwise youd have named him :p

It's in his profile lmao :p and I already have in the seeeeekret room :p

Spudly
20-10-12, 06:48 PM
No havent, ive just been in the 'seekrit' room lol

A11VXL
20-10-12, 07:25 PM
LOL at all that.....

Yes its great that its still around the Lomas brothers have looked after it very well, that said every cavity was filled with with waxoyl, Chris (Courtenay) used to say that I could have parked it in the North Sea for a year and the barnacles and the salt would still not taken hold...

How's Stuart these days someone told me that the Ford days are behind you now and your flying in and out of the country, doing cals on some very exotic stuff these days, I think the word Zonda may have been used..

Stuart
20-10-12, 08:17 PM
Don't do lowly zondas lol god of wind is where it's at

And of course saying that you guys are the best of a bad bunch for VX pretend maps on the 2.2 lol :p

Andy
20-10-12, 08:34 PM
wot ownz
Bin the text typing lol

Epic car/s,epic thread lol

A11VXL
20-10-12, 09:48 PM
And of course saying that you guys are the best of a bad bunch for VX pretend maps on the 2.2 lol :p

Ha ha lol, ah you've not lost your touch :p

Don't do lowly zondas lol god of wind is where it's at

Hopefully not the god of the west wind....as mapping a Zephyr wont look so good on your CV!lol

Any how pleased things are going well for you.

L14MNP
20-10-12, 11:55 PM

How did I not know you were on here?! Graced many a mag of my childhood years did that very Nova. As I'm sure you well know! It's great that it's still around and in vgc!

As for the mystery 4x4. Sure it wasn't owned by Fearless? lol jk

shaun larnder
21-10-12, 12:18 AM
Hello Mr Sheilds.......

A11VXL
21-10-12, 01:30 PM
How did I not know you were on here?! Graced many a mag of my childhood years did that very Nova. As I'm sure you well know! It's great that it's still around and in vgc!

As for the mystery 4x4. Sure it wasn't owned by Fearless? lol jk

No it came to me last night it was a guy called Vince Hackman, who was amongst one of the first to put an XE in a nova, he may well of finished the car but nothing was ever heard if it, that I can rember.

jam-77-nova
24-10-12, 03:15 AM
is it the 4x4 20let sport from the north east?? been built quite a while

david dixon
24-10-12, 08:25 PM
yeah thats the one.

jam-77-nova
24-10-12, 08:35 PM
thought as much,, am i right in thinking was built by lad near barnard castle who used to do all the vaux conversions in the county durham area!

jam-77-nova
24-10-12, 08:38 PM
Is issue 142 for sale in shops today ? tomorrow the 25th mate according to last months issue

david dixon
24-10-12, 08:56 PM
Charlie...he's the owner!

jam-77-nova
24-10-12, 09:00 PM
dont know him personally but live close n who i was thinking of who used to build them was called char-lee motorsport i think, a lad called charlie n lad called lee obviously lol

david dixon
24-10-12, 09:02 PM
yeah thats them, charlie and col built this one but hasn't been built that long

jam-77-nova
24-10-12, 10:11 PM
yeah thats them, charlie and col built this one but hasn't been built that long or rite he built sum nice cars round here in the day think he build my 1st 2l 8v years ago , thought he was from barnard castle way for some reason but says north yorks on his profile, was anuver lad round that way who was/is a god with vauxhalls has a mk1 astra xe turbo he built but he kept off radar bit didnt like publicaty a dont think

SGA33
25-10-12, 08:14 PM
or rite he built sum nice cars round here in the day think he build my 1st 2l 8v years ago , thought he was from barnard castle way for some reason but says north yorks on his profile, was anuver lad round that way who was/is a god with vauxhalls has a mk1 astra xe turbo he built but he kept off radar bit didnt like publicaty a dont think

Think Charlie lives in the middle of nowhere lol the nova is a work of art, and i go past col's house each day going to work.There are a few lads round here building fast vauxhalls in secret

david dixon
25-10-12, 08:23 PM
Col's is no secret, its going to be mental!

SGA33
25-10-12, 08:43 PM
Col's is no secret, its going to be mental!

Seen pics of cols machine on the net it looks awesome :) saying that though his corsa
and your nova are flying machines aswell:thumb:

Royston
25-10-12, 09:15 PM
Well done Charlie, well deserved feature:thumb:, I will buy a copy!

Look forward to catching up with you soon;)

jam-77-nova
25-10-12, 10:55 PM
Think Charlie lives in the middle of nowhere lol the nova is a work of art, and i go past col's house each day going to work.There are a few lads round here building fast vauxhalls in secret

so do i mate in a village in middle of no were lol

david dixon
25-10-12, 11:32 PM
Seen pics of cols machine on the net it looks awesome :) saying that though his corsa
and your nova are flying machines aswell:thumb:

Thanks mate :thumb:

Longdogcharlie
28-10-12, 05:27 AM
Well done Charlie, well deserved feature:thumb:, I will buy a copy!

Look forward to catching up with you soon;)

Hi Roy, back on 29th nov, Saudi contract finished, so should get chance to crack on in the garage, ,

Are you building another fast one? If not are you ready to sell me your sr? It could live again,,

or rite he built sum nice cars round here in the day think he build my 1st 2l 8v years ago , thought he was from barnard castle way for some reason but says north yorks on his profile, was anuver lad round that way who was/is a god with vauxhalls has a mk1 astra xe turbo he built but he kept off radar bit didnt like publicaty a dont think
Hi yeah your right, lee and I had a garage in Barny, built quite a few Novas in my day, in fact Colin started off as a customer of mine, the lad with the Astra is "Gibbo" he still has it in storage. Can't remember which one yours is? What colour and model?

scorge01
28-10-12, 08:54 AM
I seen the nova sport 4x4 a few years back was on ramps at pvs so you could see under it, looked amazing :) wish I saw it move tho :)

Longdogcharlie
28-10-12, 09:35 AM
Yep it was running the first year at PVs, but had Mis fire, turned out to be a cracked spark plug

Alex J
28-10-12, 09:40 AM
i see my old nova sport in the back ground aswell lol

Longdogcharlie
28-10-12, 09:55 AM
Yep, back panel and quarters and sills done, just battery tray and front panel, and then off for blasting.

scorge01
28-10-12, 10:04 AM
Ahh that would be why it stayed there all weekend is it yours?

Longdogcharlie
28-10-12, 10:11 AM
Have quite a few sport in various states,

jam-77-nova
28-10-12, 07:53 PM
Hi Roy, back on 29th nov, Saudi contract finished, so should get chance to crack on in the garage, ,

Are you building another fast one? If not are you ready to sell me your sr? It could live again,,

Hi yeah your right, lee and I had a garage in Barny, built quite a few Novas in my day, in fact Colin started off as a customer of mine, the lad with the Astra is "Gibbo" he still has it in storage. Can't remember which one yours is? What colour and model?

aye i know gibbo mate just didnt want to be the one to name him lol, has a lock up at corners near barny now i keep meaning to go n see him see if he,ll build my nova for me and or engine, and my old one wasnt built for me charlie i bought it off a lad in barney called richie was a 2l 8v miami blue b reg but had private plate proper quick was apparently standard engine yet did 140bhp on a rolling road at the time n i'am talking 14yr back

Longdogcharlie
29-10-12, 03:40 AM
I know the car well, I think the plate was RHA or something like that, saying that we did 2 in Miami blue, the other was a 16v, you still have it? I think it ran an f13 with diesel flywheel.

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 05:40 PM
wasnt vauxhall miami blue was peugeot a think if makes difference but sure u know that lol plate was b4 rja so u werent far off concidering was built around 15yr ago n i bought 14yr ago , n no mate a sold it to lad in gainford after i blew the engine few years after got it only had for 3yr or so but i,m yet to have one as good was an absolute animal the valvers ive had havent come close really and if i remember rightly it started off with a f13 but apparently it smashed the teeth off it before i bought it as had a f16 in when i got it i think gibbo did that for the lad i got it off as i always thought he built it till years ago when i asked him n he said he'd just done a gearbox after f13 had died n ragged it about after done it and he even commented how he couldnt believe how fast it was which coming from him is huge compliment the way he drives lol

SGA33
29-10-12, 08:05 PM
Did Gibbo ever do banger/grass track racing?

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 08:18 PM
yeah he did mate

SGA33
29-10-12, 08:22 PM
Remember him in a very fast mk1 astra van giving me a slight love tap in an rush built mazda i was racing,which totally destroyed the rear of it.He won the race and was just going
into the pits and was destroyed by a mk2 granada.

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 08:35 PM
yeah he loves m1 astras still has a mint xe turbo one he built years ago, n he won most races his drivings legendary among those who know him lol and whats your name mate a might know you as went school richmond n was richmond i used to rag my novas around back in day obviously depends how old you are but i,m taking mid 90's early 2000s a white gte then a blue 2l 8v got the most stick lol

SGA33
29-10-12, 08:45 PM
yeah he loves m1 astras still has a mint xe turbo one he built years ago, n he won most races his drivings legendary among those who know him lol and whats your name mate a might know you as went school richmond n was richmond i used to rag my novas around back in day obviously depends how old you are but i,m taking mid 90's early 2000s a white gte then a blue 2l 8v got the most stick lol

My names Andrew had a few novas mostly white ones a sr,nova gsi rep with a 2ltr 8v in it and a nova gte.Also had a red 16v one but that fell apart within 2 weeks of buying it.Still got the sr at a friends farm ( i say still as i havent been and seen it in years lol)

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 09:10 PM
your probably after my time mate as am a old **** now lol, n a remember people more through surnames, i'm jamie anyway lol as name doesnt ring a bell a gte rings a bell as was another one around when i had my blue 8v either silver or red was along time ago now though only really remember my own!

SGA33
29-10-12, 09:29 PM
your probably after my time mate as am a old **** now lol, n a remember people more through surnames, i'm jamie anyway lol as name doesnt ring a bell a gte rings a bell as was another one around when i had my blue 8v either silver or red was along time ago now though only really remember my own!
Now Jamie my surname is spiers and I had the novas between 93 and 2005. Used to use all the back lanes round near barnard castle as special stage rally courses when I was younger as I had a friend who lived in epperbly lol. 38 now and slowly building up my parts and engine bits for my midlife crises project

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 09:41 PM
no way lol i live in eppleby lol who was your mate, i'm 35 n doing same as my midlife started early for me lol n yeah the back roads round hear are mint but mainly used to cruise thru richmond on a night,

SGA33
29-10-12, 09:54 PM
no way lol i live in eppleby lol who was your mate, i'm 35 n doing same as my midlife started early for me lol n yeah the back roads round hear are mint but mainly used to cruise thru richmond on a night,

My mates name was Johan Rooke he lived near the village hall,I went to school with Anthony allam who still lives there I think. Such a small world we live in lol

jam-77-nova
29-10-12, 10:06 PM
now thats going back lol yeah yohan lived 2doors away from village hall opposite bus shelter but didnt live here that long really n yeah anthony still lives hear , av added you on facebook a can stop ruining this thread lol