PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Airbox Mod & ECU Reset

Aamir
08-08-03, 09:52 AM
I will be attempting the Nova Airbox Mod this weekend,
I've been told to reset the ecu for max. gains.
After an hour or so I'm told the ecu has reset itself.

Once re-connected how should I be driving the car ?
fast, slow, motorway: constant, how many miles, etc

Thanks for reading this post !

Dicko
08-08-03, 10:30 AM
if its injection, like gte/gsi/sri maybe a 1.2spi etc then ye u need to reset ecu. usualy works if u disconect for 10secs but best leavin it off for an hour just to make sure :)

drive slow for 1st mile then rag fook out of it. make sure u bounce off the limiter a few times in 1st/2nd so it knows how its gona be treated ;)

i found mine was fine after 20mins but some peops insist it takes a few days

Aamir
08-08-03, 10:32 AM
Sorry forgot to mention it's a 'K' plate Nova GSi !

Dicko
08-08-03, 10:33 AM
ok so ecu will be under the dash

just unplug the batery for an hour

***WARNING***

if you loose your radio code by doing this dont blame me

brian
08-08-03, 05:37 PM
ok so ecu will be under the dash

:? i never knew any Nova GSi's had the ecu under the dash!

Aragorn
08-08-03, 09:43 PM
1993 GSi's used multec injection (c16se engine) same as the SRi and hence had the integrated wiring loom and ecu under the dash

Aamir
11-08-03, 08:52 AM
Well I've done the airbox mod, I removed the airbox, drilled 8 holes at 30mm dia. washed & dried it out, when fitting I noticed there are 3 fixing holes, two towards the back of the car, one towards the front.

The base of the airbox sits ontop of the inner wing & very close to it,
not much airflow there really, so I secured the two fixings as standard,
the 3rd fixing towards the front I used a longer bolt & threaded 2 nuts onto it, one to keep the airbox lifted at the front approx. inch, then the second one to secure it, resulting in much more airflow to the base of the box, also positioned the air ducting behind the grille, so the air being taken in is cooler.

RESULTS: I haven't had the car long enough to really tell if it's made a difference in performance, but the revs "definitely" seem smoother in pick up, it has one hell of a induction roar, very loud, almost like a performance exhaust. Boy racers will want to do this mod just for the sound produced (I hope everyday that they will leave the Nova alone & spoil Saxos instead, lol). Next will be K&N Panel Filter.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Cheers