PDA

View Full Version : i seem to attract accidents

Anton
08-08-03, 01:29 AM
yup yet another one.

Driving up a dual carriageway with 4 mates in a mates car

saw 2 lights slowly drifting accross the dual carridge

one was a black mazda saloon, the other a red mazda 323 (i think)

what appeared to happen was the black car had missed its turning, so was doing a u turn, was sideways accross both lanes, and as it was a black car with a dark piece of road, the other car had plowed str8 in2 it without breaking, at about 70ish

got out the car 2 help. 4 people in the black car. It was seriously dammaged, steering wheel on the glove box, driver seat on the passenger seat etc.

there was a chinese women in the passenger seat, missing her jaw, blood pouring everywhere, and her husband, the driver dead accross her lap. Couldn't get them out. there were 2 kids in the back, managed to get them out and put them in our car out of the way.

managed to get the guy out of the other car, was missing most of his knee. his engine was almost in the dash.

managed to turn off the cars lights as petrol was leaking everywhere

then went and managed 2 stop all approaching traffic, that was going scaryly fast

asked everyone if the could do medical shit, and found an off duty paramedic.

then helped in anyway we could directing ambulances, fire, police etc.

closed the dual carriage way both ways.

both cars were very fucked.

this sh1t keeps happening to me. its kinda like final destination.

Fester
08-08-03, 01:33 AM
hefty

dont come up north mate

Neil.
08-08-03, 01:38 AM
as u know mate from talkig on msn, sorry to hear that. gets to ya wen u see an accident dont it. hope ur ok.

linzTDI
08-08-03, 08:15 AM
Well done Ant for keeping calm and helping

Ben (lurk75)
08-08-03, 09:34 AM
hmmmmm :o

Its getting to be a common occurance, i bet you have completely changed your driving in the last month.

wisewood
08-08-03, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear that mate!
The last thing you need at the moment.

Have you considered doing some sort of first aid or medical training courses? i know it sounds a bit stupid but it would help you be more prepared for this sort of thing being presented in front of you and mean that you didnt have to run around trying to find someone to help the people in trouble.

I mean, obviously you hope that this wont happen again but you can never be sure can you.

giggler
08-08-03, 11:02 AM
Christ!! scary stuff there!!

you must have a lot of courage and determination to help out those people, you deserve a medal hun!!! :)

well done!

your being very unfortunate at the moment with disasters happening right left and centre!! im sure things will be ok! Chin Up :D

linzTDI
08-08-03, 11:10 AM
yeah we should have a novaload medal of courage and this month Anton gets it

Ste_Nova
08-08-03, 11:24 AM
hefty

dont come up north mate

why not?

i've seen loads of accidents happen infront of me....was first on the scene when one of my mates was killed when he hit a bus

pulled a girl out of an rsturbo at wilmslow when her bf had left her to go and have a go at the bmw driver who hit him... didn't he notice that his gf had been hit in the face by the A pillar and was screaming also the car was runing with fuel pissing out everywhere... and when she was out of the car a scally had the cheek to come over and tell me to put pressure on the wound... and he gave me a dirty cloth to apply! it wasn't really needed as the wound wasn't running... and it was full of glass!! and he took offence and kicked off telling me he knew better (ste has done cpr/first aid etc as required cause he works for the nhs)

linzTDI
08-08-03, 11:26 AM
Nasty can we change the subject now as i dont want to think about these things when your a new driver on the road

wisewood
08-08-03, 11:28 AM
dont read this post then linz :lol:

giggler
08-08-03, 11:34 AM
ouch! :(

i think i would be physically sick to see a sight like that!

plus i dont think i would know where to start! :cry: :oops:

jkhilton
08-08-03, 11:39 AM
plus i dont think i would know where to start! :cry: :oops:

you're not the only one, I did first aid courses etc. but in a real world situation I dont know how I would respond.

wisewood
08-08-03, 11:42 AM
i know exactly what i'd do - phone for an ambulance and then keep talking to the injured people but leave them where they are.

Just coz someone says they are ok doesnt mean you should drag them outta the wreckage, you dont know what might be broken that they dont know about because of the shock.

Ste_Nova
08-08-03, 11:58 AM
Just coz someone says they are ok doesnt mean you should drag them outta the wreckage, you dont know what might be broken that they dont know about because of the shock.

assess the risk... if the car is in danger of catching fire then you MUST move them.... if the car is safe then leave them where they are, if the car is in a dangerous position light it using your car headlights from a safe area... do not use the cars lighting as that could start a fire.... make sure that the mobile that is used to call 999 has good sig and enough batt to allow the ambulance to call u, they can and do get lost, better still use a landline at a local house or call box cause they can just send to that location, i've done this before now "get me police and ambulance to this call box now" i had no idea what road i was on and would have taken ages to explain over mobile, don't move the cars, you allways have usefull peeps who wanna clear the road... well the police won't like you doing that till they have taken measurments, if u can get traffic past safely then do it... other wise the police/fire/ambulance have to get through tailbacks, if anyone winds down the window and offers help then they are no good, if they are a doctor etc they will pull over and jump out, window winders just feel guilty cause they know they can't help

giggler
08-08-03, 12:10 PM
well, i still woudnt be ne good, cos i wudnt know whether the car was gonna catch fire or not!

i would probably do more damage to the injured party and to myself dragging them out :(

wisewood
08-08-03, 12:12 PM
as if you would be able to drag anyone older htan 7 years old from a car Carla :lol:

giggler
08-08-03, 12:21 PM
as if you would be able to drag anyone older htan 7 years old from a car Carla :lol:

:o Oi!!!

im strong!

*carla flexs arm muscles and three little bumps pop out* ;) 8)

wisewood
08-08-03, 12:28 PM
I KNOW I KNOW!!!

Strong arms n legs.
yuo proved that before, but thats enough of that.

giggler
08-08-03, 12:29 PM
:lol:

?Marty?
08-08-03, 03:38 PM
I'm sure the story has been slightly embelished too.

Sorry to hear it anyway.

Anton
08-08-03, 04:09 PM
what do you mean by that marty?

giggler
08-08-03, 04:28 PM
hmmmm yeh what did ya mean? :oops:

DUNOVA.
08-08-03, 04:57 PM
where about's was that?Was you down the lorry park last nite?Iseen a red corsa down there but not sure if it's you as there are a few goin about

Anton
08-08-03, 05:01 PM
opposite clingo hill, near the brightling sea turn off.

i was down the lorry park, parked under the security camera in the corner

DUNOVA.
08-08-03, 05:03 PM
thought it was you I did'nt want to say hello just incase you thought who the fcuk are you :lol:

Anton
08-08-03, 05:05 PM
yup was me. I had my novaload t shirt on with anton on the back :D

DUNOVA.
08-08-03, 05:07 PM
Did you see my novaload sticker on the front bumper looks alrite

Anton
08-08-03, 05:10 PM
yup looks good

?Marty?
09-08-03, 12:57 AM
what do you mean by that marty?

....a chinese women....missing her jaw...her husband....dead.....missing most of his knee.... - seems all a little far fetched to me.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not calling anyone a liar, but just find it hard to believe.

When people are witnesses to such events, their recollection sometimes isn't very accurate because of all the 'excitement', and either deliberately so, or because of that, they usually embelish the story by making bad things appear slightly worse, and good things slightly better.

It's like when someone dies, they would only say good things about that person.

It's just human nature.

But then, the last accident i was witness to (guy hit a lampost at 30 mph, and flipped his car over with 4 passengers inside) happened just outside a pub window, and i didn't even bother going out to have a look.
(I have completed St Johns Ambulance emergency first aid course too).

Anyway, good for you for helping out.