PDA

View Full Version : my project so far...

Neil.
08-08-03, 01:05 AM
well, sum of u might know im doing a project, this is what ive done so far,
got GSi front bumper for ?50 off ebay, prepping that up now,
Got a TV and DVD player, mounted my tv in space of cold air vents, looks very smart, easily removed to take out and also to still use vents.
Got mirrors, got a date for rear bumper and side skirts, next monday (if carisma stick to that date!)
And ive chosen my colour!

so it's all set,
only bad thing is that i need two new brake discs as wen i brake it shakes like fvck!

ade
08-08-03, 01:11 AM
sounds good!

sure it the discs and not balancing (new wheels) or track rod ends?

does it shake when yu accelerate (40-60)

If discs aint warped check track rods (jack u car and wiggle wheels - if they move up and down theyre gone)

Ade

Neil.
08-08-03, 01:17 AM
ok ill try that, well the car always steared to left anyway so it might have something to do with that, and both front tyres are BADLY worn on the insides, what kinda wiggling will it be wen u jack it up??

ade
08-08-03, 01:21 AM
sounds like trackings hout of pulling to the left.

Worn tyres will be comz its lowered (cambers out).

Jack up and support on axle stands

Grab wheel at top and bottom and puch back and forth (in to arch and out) - do same side to side - if it wobbles the track rods are going/gone)

Hopefully its just the discs but in my experience its usually track rods or suspension mountings (top mounts/bushes etc - usually common with lowered cars)

I need new top mounts and som epoly bushes for mine - wheel wobble on acceleration (none on braking)

Ade

Neil.
08-08-03, 01:32 AM
ok ill check that, its just violent shaking of stearing wheel wen i brake, it needs sorting tho! just money!

wisewood
08-08-03, 11:57 AM
says the man who just spent 1150 quid on some new wheels.

jkhilton
08-08-03, 12:08 PM
that's why there's no cash left!!! lol

wisewood
08-08-03, 12:11 PM
PRIORITIES NEIL!!!

If you dont fix your brakes you wont be able to stop properly when you have your looking nice and it will end up written off!

Alex
08-08-03, 12:11 PM
Got a TV and DVD player, mounted my tv in space of cold air vents, looks very smart, easily removed to take out

Hope you got good security or you do take it out Neil :!:

wisewood
08-08-03, 12:13 PM
no need for that - Neil lives in the posh area of sheffield :D

no... no hang on thats right - thats where all the good car thieves go to steal coz they have half a brain and know thats where all the good stuff is.

?Marty?
08-08-03, 03:43 PM
:lol:

Doesn't matter where you live, unless you only drive it in and out the garage, without getting out the car anywhere else.

Multimedia installs are best concealead and heavily protected with alarms and etc, and also you shoukld take out a seperate ice insurance, so that5 in the even of it being stolen you can claim off that, and not affect your NCB.

Having it removable isn't convenient at all.

But it all sounds good neil, can't wait to see it all finished.

Neil.
08-08-03, 07:03 PM
having it removable alows it NOT to be stolen when im not in the car.

Fester
08-08-03, 07:13 PM
theres a MASSIVE spider in my room and i need to sort it

the can which i use to trap them with is in use for another spider than i havnt been arsed to take out yet!

i keep trying to work up to picking them up but with no success :(

anyway the moral is leave a massive fucking spider inside your car and noone will go near it lol

olly55
08-08-03, 07:29 PM
u using the carisma gt5 skirts , rear bumper then m8?

or carisma style stuff?

Fergie_sfc
08-08-03, 07:43 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but when the car stears to the left, isn't that just a safety feature vauxhall put on all their cars?

like just incase youy fall asleep at the wheel, you stear to the curb and not the oncoming traffic??

just been told thats why mine does it!!

fergie.

locky
08-08-03, 11:35 PM
Aint heard of that b4!
The camber of the road will pull you 2 the left!
even more with wider wheels, and youll get a rail road effect as they say!
Car seems 2 b coming along well!
will it b at trax?????

Phil_G
08-08-03, 11:53 PM
Hi,

so instead of hitting other cars you can mow down pedestrians, drive up/down motorway embankments etc..

great idea.. :S

Its more than likely either the camber of the road and/or your tracking is bollocksed...

Phil

?Marty?
08-08-03, 11:58 PM
having it removable alows it NOT to be stolen when im not in the car.

yeah, i know that (i'm not simple you know!! :lol: ). Just had a vision of going shopping, and walking round carrying a screen, dvd player, stereo face-off and etc with you.

Obviously you'd remove them before going and etc.

Neil.
09-08-03, 02:33 AM
lol sorry marty, i just put the tv in me gf's bag in case, dvd player stays in the car, unless im leaving it over night somewhere other then my drive.
Yeah the car WILL be at trax, might have the 2.2ltr in it, not sure yet, prob wont as i wanna save money for a bit, car is going in body shop NEXT SATURDAY, should take 7 days (marty, thats a week) they said.

been watching dvds all night, tonight i watched American history X and coming to america.

?Marty?
09-08-03, 02:53 AM
History X! Good film. Edward Noton fuckin kicks ass in that film. Man, was he pumped. Put on a fair bit of weight on for it didn't he!

Well, compared to Fight Club (one of my all time fave movies).

If you're going to do a transplant, i'd get a let rather than a 2.2. Ptch!

Fester
09-08-03, 03:00 AM
read the thread in technical people are pissed off with their LETs lately, bet the result is worth it in the end though

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:39 AM
i'm pissed off with mine too. in fact, i'm so pissed off, i'm going to cross it of my 'mods to do' list. :lol:

Mark
09-08-03, 08:35 AM
Well, if Marty ain't doing that anymore, then I'm not doing my 4x4 conversion! :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
09-08-03, 10:15 AM
(i'm not simple you know!! :lol: )

Could have fooled me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:32 PM
Oh, ok.

But i have a dictionary and i know how to use it!

Mark
09-08-03, 03:48 PM
Oh, ok.

But i have a dictionary and i know how to use it!
Throw it at people and hope it hits them in the head?!? :lol:

Neil.
12-08-03, 01:07 AM
well today i went and brought the paint and dropped it off at body shop and booked my car in for saturday. they said it'll take bit long then a week, its ok as im just lazying around. just waiting on 2 bumpers and spoiler. hope they manage to fit the bumpers and skirts!

Neil

Mark
12-08-03, 07:45 AM
Can't wait to see the pics.

Neil.
12-08-03, 11:43 PM
ill get some next saturday wen i pop in to see how thier getting on.

Mark
12-08-03, 11:53 PM
They let you see it?
There are a lot of places that won't let you see it till the end.

Neil.
13-08-03, 01:39 AM
yeah as far as i know they should, hopefully it'll be ready sometime in 2 weeks, b4 i go back to work!

Mark
13-08-03, 08:01 AM
Excellent!