PDA

View Full Version : taking out a tailgate window

Damogolfgti
07-08-03, 05:36 PM
hi peeps i need to take out a tailgate window and fit it in another tailgate, so whats the best way to do this? cheers

DazK
07-08-03, 06:02 PM
from the inside use a small flat screwdriver and run all the way round the seal so it comes away from the metal slightly .. then u should be able to push the rubber over the lip (outwards) then go all the way round till it pops out .. to re-fit use a piece of string between the glass and the rubber .. push it into place then pull the string slowly round so it slots back into place.. then go round the glass and make sure its all sealed properly 8)

brian
07-08-03, 11:55 PM
to re-fit use a piece of string between the glass and the rubber
No, you put the string/wire on the outside of the rubber in the groove that will take the bootlid and then continue as said above :wink:

ade
08-08-03, 12:18 AM
personally when I took mine out I just started from a corner and prised the rubber over the lip. After a while you can run the screw driver gently round.

The string methopd is the corret way to do it - but I could never get it to work - using they wrong sized string! ( you need more like cord/washing line thickness! )

:roll:

brian
08-08-03, 12:20 AM
i find the thickness of one strand wire from a household 2 core does the job!