PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C Auto to Man Transmission?

Benn
17-10-12, 09:20 PM
As above, 2003 Corsa C 1lt auto with tip tronic. What is needed to be changed if i wanna run a manual box set up?

What do i need under the dash (peddles and bits)
What do i need shifter wise?

Will the loom be any different?

Please and thank you.

mk1nova_rich
17-10-12, 09:31 PM
From when I read through my Haynes manual a couple of months ago I would say its a fairly involved swap, a lot of differences.

Loom is definitely different, shifter wise the Corsa C has the rod type lever not cables so I'd imagine it will bolt in.

Benn
17-10-12, 09:38 PM
So i'd need a new loom and ECu, pedal bits and shirt and cables...?

mk1nova_rich
17-10-12, 09:41 PM
Ill have a look in my manual tomorrow if you like...I'd be able to give you some better info??

Stuart
17-10-12, 09:41 PM
It would be cheaper and easier to sell it and buy a manual lol

Jon_nova1
17-10-12, 09:59 PM
You may not need a new loom but you'd definately need a different ECU as the auto ECU would be sending signals to change gear etc and getting nothing back so coming back with errors/not even run/whatever else they attached to it

Benn
17-10-12, 10:20 PM
Ill have a look in my manual tomorrow if you like...I'd be able to give you some better info??

Please.

It would be cheaper and easier to sell it and buy a manual lol

Really?

You may not need a new loom but you'd definately need a different ECU as the auto ECU would be sending signals to change gear etc and getting nothing back so coming back with errors/not even run/whatever else they attached to it

No worked this out already. ECU wise, if it's gonna be Zlet then that wont be a prob, Loom shouldn't need swapping i think.

Stuart
17-10-12, 10:45 PM
Given the stuff will cost a moderate amont and then fancying about making it work, and then declaring it etc, yes it will be cheaper and easier to swap the whole car.

novalovingned
18-10-12, 07:39 AM
Given the stuff will cost a moderate amont and then fancying about making it work, and then declaring it etc, yes it will be cheaper and easier to swap the whole car.

Would have to agree. I've got a the perfect Corsa c for you in the for sale section lol

Benn
18-10-12, 09:11 AM

Really? So it's not just a few bits to swap over.

Would have to agree. I've got a the perfect Corsa c for you in the for sale section lol

lol not gonaa be £250 tho.

Stuart
18-10-12, 10:02 AM
As said, you'd need to work out if the pedal assembly is the same for a man or auto (then add the right pedals if its easy or swap out the assembly if its not, and going by how much of a pain that is in a nova good luck), then the ECU would want atleast its software changing, the cluster might need its software changing, there is the adding in the the hydro clutch circuit which might be easy it might not be. The harness shouldnt be an issue as most OEM's use the same main harness for all types of car and tape stuff up that is/isnt used. Of course the gearstick and cables etc

If you are ripping it all out and putting a different engine etc in then most of that is irrelevant anyway.

Benn
18-10-12, 10:17 AM
Yea it will be zlet, so re remapped and such, I was hoping it would be a case of bolting in the right pedals and the CSC bits. Think a scrap yard trip might be worth while to have a look what i can see.