PDA

View Full Version : No claims.

Hobbit
16-10-12, 07:10 AM
Got the nova insured with sky with 6 years no claims, If I start up another policy for a daily with another insurer do I say I have 6 years no claims or do I have to start from scratch on a second car?

Jack
16-10-12, 07:29 AM
Start from scratch. You can only use your NCB on one car at a time.

Its worth mentioning to them that you have a second car, some insurers (like Sky) mirror the NCB. Some will offer a discount for having a second car. Its worth making sure they don't assume that 0NCB = accidents or no driving history though.

Make sure whatever policy you put it on will earn you NCB though, as whilst some offer a discount it may not equal a good deal after a year or two if you're not building anything up.

Hobbit
16-10-12, 07:33 AM
****, got some awesome quotes through the post office using the no claims. :(

Mazz
16-10-12, 11:57 AM
I know Sky definitely DO mirror NCD, they did for me when I insured the Nova

Hobbit
16-10-12, 12:02 PM
Trying to avoid sky, got rinsed by them (well their under writers) when I moved house and moving again in 6 months hopefully. Also they have never been competitive on standard cars with me in the past.

Mazz
16-10-12, 12:21 PM
tbh, this year they weren't that good for me either, iirc i insured the nova with Graham Skyes - might be worth a go

paul080803
16-10-12, 12:36 PM
I got a quote from Sky for my M3, mildly modified, they were the cheapest however wasnt too impressed with the guys attitude.

But you cant use NCB on more than 1 car.

skyinsurance
16-10-12, 01:57 PM
Trying to avoid sky, got rinsed by them (well their under writers) when I moved house and moving again in 6 months hopefully. Also they have never been competitive on standard cars with me in the past.

Different postcodes can have a huge effect on insurance premiums for the better or worse.

Standard car insurance isn't really out thing unless it is a performance model or the customer has another modified, performance or imported car insured with us.

skyinsurance
16-10-12, 01:58 PM
they were the cheapest however wasnt too impressed with the guys attitude.

That is disappointing, I've dropped you a PM as I'd really like to look into this.

Thanks

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Hobbit
16-10-12, 02:05 PM
Different postcodes can have a huge effect on insurance premiums for the better or worse.

I understand that but I didn't exactly move to Bosnia and the Mrs' insurance went up by 25quid when mine went up by a couple hundred, they were both a similar price at the old address. When I questioned it I was told it was out of sky's hands as the underwriter had put the premium up. Shame really, I was really happy with Sky's service.

skyinsurance
16-10-12, 02:57 PM
I understand that but I didn't exactly move to Bosnia and the Mrs' insurance went up by 25quid when mine went up by a couple hundred, they were both a similar price at the old address. When I questioned it I was told it was out of sky's hands as the underwriter had put the premium up. Shame really, I was really happy with Sky's service.

It is a shame indeed, we hate to lose any customer, in explanation though, different insurers use their own statistics to compile area ratings, so that is why you saw the difference.

Feel free to check back at any time.

Hobbit
16-10-12, 03:11 PM
Well the nova is still insured with you but wondering if I'd be better turning it back into a trailer queen so I can use my no claims on a daily.

So next question, how much will I get stung for ending a policy early?

skyinsurance
16-10-12, 05:38 PM
Well the nova is still insured with you but wondering if I'd be better turning it back into a trailer queen so I can use my no claims on a daily.

So next question, how much will I get stung for ending a policy early?

Will depend on a few factors but feel free to phone the query through.

Hobbit
19-10-12, 09:09 PM
Best Sky could do was 440 third party with mirrored no claims, managed to get it down to 410 fully comp on compare the meercat. Apparently they took into account that I had 5 years no claims on another policy and knocked 60 quid off.