PDA

View Full Version : flock or wrap

novalew
14-10-12, 09:01 PM
i am going to get my dash flocked, i was going to get all the interior panels flocked too, or should i get the pillar covers, rear cards etc wrapped, not in carbon but just vinyl, possibly leather pattern?

ideas/views welcome

SeanWR1
17-10-12, 03:12 PM
We've used some leather effect vinyl at work (im a sign maker) and it looks pretty smart. My boss has used it to wrap some interior parts on his old sunbeam tiger and it definitley tidys everything up.

Dont think its too cheap tho.

turbojolt
17-10-12, 03:15 PM
fake leather vinyl sounds horrendous, i would vote flock them

Iain
17-10-12, 03:18 PM
Do the look of flock and leather go together? Worth pricing up both before deciding I guess, plain black fabric can look OK

SeanWR1
17-10-12, 03:24 PM
I wouldnt attempt wraping dashboard in vinyl, would definitley flock. The leather effect vinyl like i say looked good on a classic car but not sure about in a nova.

novalew
17-10-12, 07:05 PM
The thing is my dash will deffo be flocked. But all the other parts would then be grey, but I'd rather they were black. But I thought painting them would look terrible. So I was thinking flocked dash with Matt black vinyl pillars etc. But I may just flock the lot

Prey
17-10-12, 07:56 PM
i'm not going to comment on the flock, cause i'm biased but i honestly don't think vinyl would look very nice. you could possibly get the pillars etc trimmed in alcantara or just a normal fabric? something that matches your seats maybe?

novalew
17-10-12, 11:42 PM
Yeah I thought that prey. Think I'm just gonna flock the lot and retrim the roof in suede or alcantara

Benn
18-10-12, 09:24 AM
Do the look of flock and leather go together? Worth pricing up both before deciding I guess, plain black fabric can look OK

I have some leather wrapped bits and some flocked bits.. Does mine?

novalew
18-10-12, 09:15 PM
got a pic benn?

Iain
19-10-12, 12:03 AM
I have some leather wrapped bits and some flocked bits.. Does mine?

No your car is toss

Benn
19-10-12, 10:03 AM
got a pic benn?

In the dash thread, you can see my door cards. If not i'll add some later.

No your car is toss

Your mum loves to toss.