PDA

View Full Version : Will my tank be ok for 2.0l conversion?

Martin.p
13-10-12, 10:02 PM
I've got a 1.4 luxe and it has 2 fuel lines to/from the tank! I plan to put a c20ne in. Is the tank I've got any good for what I want??
Thanks

John
13-10-12, 10:13 PM
you don't state if your luxe is carb or injection? If it's carb you will have to swap to an injection tank anyway.

Martin.p
13-10-12, 10:39 PM
Thanks.
I've been reading about needing a tank with return pipe and swirl pot so popped out to have a look and see it had 2 lines so was thinking it would do!?
But no it's a carb engine. And was under impression that carb engines only had one line. So you have answered my question anyway.

I'll be looking for a GTE/GSI tank then !
Anyone got one spare?

John
13-10-12, 10:46 PM
Only the 1.0 carb has a single fuel line. But as you've realised you'll need a gte/gsi tank with an external pump, or an spi tank with a 1.6 16v internal pump. :-)

Martin.p
13-10-12, 10:56 PM
These spi tanks? What dose spi stand for or where can I find one? What car they in?
Thanks,
Out of all the things that need to be done to do the conversion this looks to be the biggest pain as I can't see many people wanting to post a tank.
And everywhere is west for me stuck out in east Anglia ( North Sea to the east lol )

land nova
16-10-12, 10:03 AM
SPI stands for single point injection most of the moderner 1.2 novas and that with a carb on have a single injector in the carb