PDA

View Full Version : fook it im going to scotland

turbojolt
13-10-12, 01:09 AM
ive got more money worries then i care to think about :roll:

so im packing my bags and ****ing off furture up north, i want to leave next friday and come back sunday

where should i go? i dont care about having to wash with baby wipes all weekend, i just want to get away from it all for a bit, where should i be aiming to go does anyone want to meet me on the way for a mini photoshoot mid travel?

really need some down time, the last time i went on a holiday i was 13 and could do with some away time even if its only a few days :thumb:

chrisd1986
13-10-12, 01:25 AM
have a nice weekend, wishi new scotland betta so i could recomend a few places but its full of smackheads anyway lol. you should do south wales there are some realy nice roads arounds cardiff

turbojolt
13-10-12, 01:42 AM
hopefully someone will know where to go, ive always wanted to see lock ness but heared its full of tourists so might give it a wide birth:/

novalew
13-10-12, 01:51 AM
loch lomand is nice tj and edinburgh

turbojolt
13-10-12, 01:57 AM
i dont want to vist a massive city mate i grew up in one of the biggest and didnt like it :(

will look at the loch tho cheers fella

brainsnova
13-10-12, 02:36 AM
Try the Shetlands lol

scorge01
13-10-12, 04:22 AM
Aberdeen.lol we've got it all here hahaha

tom reid
13-10-12, 09:20 AM
Up the M6, over the border and turn left, follow the coast road or tourist route north, some stunning views, although you've missed the best of the weather, Scotland only gets one day's sunshine a year.....7th Junelol

srs1
13-10-12, 09:21 AM
Fort William ain't too bad and there's a big hill to stare at too

mowgli
13-10-12, 09:31 AM
Fort William ain't too bad and there's a big hill to stare at too
yes and several billion midges....lol

there is a good chip shop in bridge of allan.. just over the bridge on the left..

Jon_nova1
13-10-12, 09:39 AM
dude if i wasn't already stuck with a chaotically crap weekend i'd be there with you...in a completely non-gay way lol Sick of all the money crap myself.

Also, do you care? i'd just drive north and see where i end up and just take my satnav to get me home

Alex J
13-10-12, 09:46 AM
im packing my bags and ****ing off furture up northhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pHTjXJi7uZQ/T8kb54JS7JI/AAAAAAAAAK8/ynIhgf3DCIA/cat-saying-hooray.jpg

steviegsi
13-10-12, 09:53 AM
lol^

Stuart
13-10-12, 10:21 AM
I'd goto Cornwall if you want to get away from it all and travel back in time :)

Andy
13-10-12, 10:28 AM
I'd goto Cornwall if you want to get away from it all and travel back in time :)
lol lol lol

mowgli
13-10-12, 10:44 AM
aren't you the bloke that is so poor, both bob geldof & bono are planning to visit you???

Edd
13-10-12, 10:51 AM
So you want to get away and choose Scotland, epic floods and generally crap weather will make you feel alot better I'm sure lol

bazil
13-10-12, 10:57 AM
Cheers Edd lol nice to see you like my country lol

waggygsi
13-10-12, 10:59 AM
Scotlands got some of the best Driving roads going, theres no midges now as its too cold for them as ive not felt them for a while lol

waggygsi
13-10-12, 11:01 AM
have a nice weekend, wishi new scotland betta so i could recomend a few places but its full of smackheads anyway lol. you should do south wales there are some realy nice roads arounds cardiff
You watch to much Jeremy Kyle, not everybodys from Killmarnock so dont tar us from the same brush!!!

bazil
13-10-12, 11:01 AM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/fast%20and%20modified%202010/dunoon%20run/randb.jpg

Edd
13-10-12, 11:02 AM
Cheers Edd lol nice to see you like my country lol

No problem mate lol

I don't mind it, went up few years ago, weather was good, just pointing out that ATM it looks shocking weather lol car's floating down streets etc don't seem that relaxing to me lol

bazil
13-10-12, 11:05 AM
Naa it just fcukin Baltic the now, it's quite a decent day today, might go out in teh nova later,

Regards the earlier post about smack heads, that's soooooo aff the mark!

We're mostly all heavy drinkers and either pished of hungover, right now I'm the later.

marc69
13-10-12, 11:08 AM
Most rural places in Scotland are really nice, i live in Aberdeen city which is plainly a dour dump full of unfriendly people but...30 mins drive and your out in beautiful countryside, great roads and it's brilliant, apart from the weather of course!

Deeside is really nice this time of year.

Edd
13-10-12, 11:09 AM
Going by last nights news you got Mega floods up there, no?

waggygsi
13-10-12, 11:11 AM
never had any rain at ayr bud

bazil
13-10-12, 11:13 AM
No rain here either?

Andy
13-10-12, 11:16 AM
I could do with going away for a few days.
Bored of the soul destroying monotony that is round here at the moment

kingwick
13-10-12, 11:16 AM
You should go up to Scotland and get the boat to Belfast the weather is lovely here today and there is plenty of nice driving roads

mowgli
13-10-12, 11:18 AM
you have mixed up to places, scotland & where rab c nesbit lives.....

if tj wants to see glaswegan pissheads fighting, he can just go to a certain part of coalville, its called the scotlands(seriously.. they were brought down to work in coal mines), and is as sectarian as it gets...

Edd
13-10-12, 11:18 AM
Do a swap with turbojolt Andy

He has a few days by the sea, you have £2grand in wages to pay back and a sh!t machine to look after lol

bazil
13-10-12, 11:19 AM
Tour of mull was this weekend, pity he didnt make it up for that,

mowgli
13-10-12, 11:19 AM
I could do with going away for a few days.
Bored of the soul destroying monotony that is round here at the moment

or is it cos you can't paint obscenities on mr savilles gravestone any more????

Andy
13-10-12, 11:24 AM
Im bored of hearing about that cunnt now.

pikey1986
13-10-12, 12:26 PM
you have mixed up to places, scotland & where rab c nesbit lives.....

if tj wants to see glaswegan pissheads fighting, he can just go to a certain part of coalville, its called the scotlands(seriously.. they were brought down to work in coal mines), and is as sectarian as it gets...

or come to swad lol

L14MNP
13-10-12, 12:34 PM
hopefully someone will know where to go, ive always wanted to see lock ness but heared its full of tourists so might give it a wide birth:/

Like you?! lol lol lol

Seriously though mate, don't make your financial situation worse. Sit down, and work it out. Don't run away from it, even if it's only for a few days. That's a good few hundred extra that you shouldn't be wasting at a guess.

Sorry to be the voice of reason and all that, but it makes sense!

L33 LEG
13-10-12, 01:00 PM
Limp talks sense. No point wasting money running away from money problems, just go for a walk and have a think instead lol

marc69
13-10-12, 05:23 PM
Going by last nights news you got Mega floods up there, no?
A lot of rain and minor flooding but nothing serious as far as I am aware..

scorge01
13-10-12, 05:40 PM
Stoney where I'm from was flooded a river burst its banks an flooded sheets lucky I live up town.lol

marc69
13-10-12, 05:41 PM
Stoney where I'm from was flooded a river burst its banks an flooded sheets lucky I live up town.lol

oops....the peogeut I repaired is from Stoney, it better not be damaged by the floods after all my work!

grooge
13-10-12, 07:28 PM
Scotlands got some of the best Driving roads going, theres no midges now as its too cold for them as ive not felt them for a while lol

defo still midges kicking about ma lockup! need the wind to pick up to get rid a them!

turbodrew1
13-10-12, 10:34 PM
yes and several billion midges....lol

there is a good chip shop in bridge of allan.. just over the bridge on the left..

Id hate to think what the chippys like where you live if you think the chippy in the bridge of Allan's good, it's rotten. Best chip shop known to man is in anstruther (next to crail) also in Scotland by the way. You will queue for an hour for a fish supper on a weekend tho.

16v Nova Kev
13-10-12, 10:38 PM
Just head to skye

Mike
15-10-12, 08:11 PM
ive got more money worries then i care to think about :roll:

Not to bump a finished thread or owt but....

If monies that thin on the ground, pishing it up the wall on cars is the last thing you want to be doing is it not? Let alone going away for weekend breaks etc...

Edd
15-10-12, 08:14 PM
Not to bump a finished thread or owt but....

If monies that thin on the ground, pishing it up the wall on cars is the last thing you want to be doing is it not? Let alone going away for weekend breaks etc...

I dunno, when i was having mega money troubles bout ten years ago, i found getting another credit card and blowing it on a car very therapeutic lol

Mike
15-10-12, 08:18 PM
I dunno, when i was having mega money troubles bout ten years ago, i found getting another credit card and blowing it on a car very therapeutic lol

Probably is therapeutic, buts itll only make a real bad situation far worse.

If anyones deluded enough to think there car will pay there bills/debt then more fool them. But raising quick cash for debt repayment or a house purchase etc is easily made from selling car parts.

Edd
15-10-12, 08:21 PM
are you some sort of financial adviser ?

Mike
15-10-12, 08:25 PM
are you some sort of financial adviser ?

Not anymore no, jumped ship from Egg many years ago.

Im not short sighted either, an the most obvious answer is blatantly there infront of the OP.

Edd
15-10-12, 08:29 PM
He only asked where to go in Scotland lol don't think he was after a lecture from Martin Lewis lol

Mike
15-10-12, 08:32 PM
He only asked where to go in Scotland lol don't think he was after a lecture from Martin Lewis lol

lol @ lecture.... far from it.

People moan like fcuk there short of cash, dont get paid enough, yadda yadda etc etc & what monies they do have they still pish it away. So dont get me started on lectures.

And who the funk is Martin Lewis?

Edd
15-10-12, 08:34 PM
And who the funk is Martin Lewis?

Moneysavingexpert blokey

Mike
15-10-12, 08:34 PM
Moneysavingexpert blokey

Never heard of him :S

mowgli
15-10-12, 10:29 PM
he just made himself 30 odd million selling his website... its full of tips like how to dry out old teabags & how to turn bog roll inside out for a second go......lol