PDA

View Full Version : Scrapping a car

Markd89
11-10-12, 08:24 PM
New laws state that you now need id to scrap a car, if its not the same on the v5 then they wont accept the car.
I dont fancy waiting 9 weeks to scrap a car ( dvla waiting list for logbooks )
is there a way to scrap the car using the traders piece on the v5 ?

even my friendly scrapyard wont accept it a they have regular vosa / police checks now.

any ideas ?
seems to be getting harder to scrap a car now, i only bought it for the £50 worth of petrol and the alloys

Calamity Josh
11-10-12, 08:25 PM
we had a 106, stripped it to a bare shell, dropped a lorry engine on the roof and took it to the scrap, they said they didn't want id as it wasn't a complete car?

mowgli
11-10-12, 08:27 PM
chop it into bits, then scrap it

Spudly
11-10-12, 08:28 PM
Take it to jacko's they will weigh it for ya lol

chrisd1986
11-10-12, 08:50 PM
They just need id for you to scrap the car it dosnt have to be in your name, i weighed a car in without the logbook the other day and ive weighed bare shells in before now without any problems

Markd89
11-10-12, 09:35 PM
the id you give now has to match the v5.

its a complete car minus the wheels, jack offered me £80 and a cup of tea lol i can get double that if i weighed it in.

i dont want the hassle of getting the stihl saw out and chopping a car up that still drives fine

mowgli
11-10-12, 09:40 PM
get the stihl out & charge people a fiver a go....there are a great many people who have never had the opportunity to really mash something up with a stihl saw

Markd89
11-10-12, 09:46 PM
get the stihl out & charge people a fiver a go....there are a great many people who have never had the opportunity to really mash something up with a stihl saw

haha already had the " boys " of the estate offer me £100 for it, i know for a fact it will end up smashed into some poor buggers car so would rather scrap it, might ring someone who collects them see what they say

Jack
11-10-12, 10:01 PM
Give it to Merris, 5 mins with him and it will be shredded lol

L14MNP
11-10-12, 10:11 PM
Stripped bare or chopped into pieces, definitley the way to go if you are worried about V5's.

Iain
11-10-12, 10:17 PM
Problem with that is you need to SORN it forever more or fess up to the DVLA it's been scrapped for a while?

L14MNP
11-10-12, 10:40 PM
Problem with that is you need to SORN it forever more or fess up to the DVLA it's been scrapped for a while?

Should get away with just telling them its scrapped and where it went. Depends really. A ballache no matter which way you do it, unless properly.

pottersrebel
11-10-12, 10:46 PM
sell it to a local banger driver they wont care about paper work, ive just had my tax renawal for the stock car sent it back sorn again lol

Alex J
12-10-12, 10:00 AM
Give it to Merris, 5 mins with him and it will be shredded lolthis is true, you can scrap anything round here, from railway cable to road signs without anyone blinking an eyelid lol

Markd89
12-10-12, 07:57 PM
managed to scrap it today with no id. took it to the scrappers myself and they asked for id i just said i forgot it
got £150 and kept the alloys