PDA

View Full Version : sunday times doors section

jkhilton
07-08-03, 11:58 AM
Did anyone get the sunday times last sunday?(3rd august)

my dads website was featured in the crafts section and since that day the number of orders we have been getting has tripled!!! I didn't realise it was in the paper, so didn't get a copy, if anyone has a copy and could scan it in and send me a pic, that would be cool.

It is in the culture section of the sunday times, in the Doors part of that section.

I wont mention the website address as it is a commercial site and I wouldn't want to be stepping on anyones toes with advertising etc. ;) if you do have a copy, pm me and I'll let you know what the site was so you know what to scan in.

cheers

John

wisewood
07-08-03, 12:04 PM
pm me the web address mate i wouldnt mind a peek.

Alex
07-08-03, 12:15 PM
Scanned and sent

jkhilton
07-08-03, 12:18 PM
Cheers bud,

that means I can have a copy on display in the shop by the time my dad comes back off his holidays. :)

John

wisewood
07-08-03, 12:22 PM
you know alex isnt the tw*t he makes out he is really :lol:

Alex
07-08-03, 12:25 PM
oi

wisewood
07-08-03, 12:37 PM
:D

Ben (lurk75)
07-08-03, 01:39 PM
Could have fooled me :!:

(joke) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ade
08-08-03, 12:07 AM
post the site!

post the site!

what does yer dad do?

Doors?

makes them?

:? :D

Mark
08-08-03, 07:43 AM
Yeah, what type of door?

jkhilton
08-08-03, 09:19 AM
lmao@doors!

He is a wholesale jewellery and lapidary supplier. He sells things ranging from small quartz crystals right through to ?10000 diamonds(very rarely sells those though!!!) and all sorts of other lapidary equipment and nice gift ideas :) lol, sounds like an ad!!!! :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
08-08-03, 09:28 AM
Ahhh no wonder you have nice cars :lol: and are going to Australia :lol:

jkhilton
08-08-03, 09:42 AM
Ben, that's not the reason for the nice cars,that is cos I worked my arse off for the last 5 years getting to Network Administrator and doing other shitty jobs along the way!

The Australia thing is cos of family though, my Aunt died a few years back and she owned the rights to some major production called "Hindle Wakes" or something. Apparently it has been made into a film by the BBC and some american TV companies and it was one of the first shows to be put on at the Exchange theatre in Manchester after the bomb ( http://www.cix.co.uk/~shutters/reviews/98078.htm ). I'm not entirely sure how she ended up having the rights to it, but it meant when she died she left me some cash, so when I turn 25 I can disappear!!!! :)

Ben (lurk75)
08-08-03, 09:49 AM
Was only joking with you John.

What way are you getting to OZ? if your going through Thailand can meet up for a beer as im there most of January :lol:

jkhilton
08-08-03, 09:54 AM
lol, I guessed you were joking!!

I'm not sure, basically I'm not able to organise anything until about december now, but I am going to be going to thailand, it's just I may be going there in April as another couple of my friends will be out there at that point.
I've never done any travelling like this before, so I dont know what to expect, but if I get out to thailand earlier and find I like it, may just stay there for a few months!!! :)

Ben (lurk75)
08-08-03, 09:58 AM
A very good friend of mine planned a round the world trip, he came to thiland to spend last xmas with us, then he had tickets for Blai, brunei, oz, NZ, Fiji, hawaii and a few others but he is still in thailand now :lol:

jkhilton
08-08-03, 10:04 AM
that's something I am worrying about. I know what I am like, I will get somewhere that I like and then think sod it, I'll stay here!!! (more lazyness than anything though!! lol)

there's so many places I want to go and see, I just dont know where to start.

when my dad was younger he built a landrover and then drove from Didsbury in Manchester to Morocco and back again. One of my mates has suggested we do a similar thing, but dont drive the car back again, just sell it when we get as far as we can and then fly onto somewhere else from whereever we end up.

I've got so many ideas and I keep changing my mind about where to goto first and how to do it, but one thing is for certain, I will be going somewhere!!!

wisewood
08-08-03, 10:38 AM
Fook it - post the web address if you want mate - its not like you are posting in the for sale section saying there are some lovely fish ear rings for sale at the bargain price of ?3.50 per pair or anything.

jkhilton
08-08-03, 11:23 AM
the address is.............

(drum roll......)

www.gemcraft.co.uk

:D

now all go and buy the lovely fish ear rings!!!! :D or something more expensive, so I get more money! :P

John

wisewood
08-08-03, 11:44 AM
i am actually considering them ear rings for the missus as a little surprise - perhaps delivered at the same time as a bunch of flowers or something.

Why the fish ones??
because all my mates call me tuna, thats why. :lol:

Alex
08-08-03, 11:47 AM
you don't have any mates. be honest thats what your mum calls you :D

wisewood
08-08-03, 11:52 AM
Alex my mum died in a car accident last weekend after you dumped her, and you know it you insensative wan*er!!!

Alex
08-08-03, 12:00 PM
sorry :oops:

:lol:

?Marty?
08-08-03, 03:50 PM
You mean "my mum died in a car accident last weekend after you dumped your load INTO her, and you know it you insensative wanker!"

Australia - my younger brothers been there since March.