PDA

View Full Version : alloy radiators

nova_pipi
09-10-12, 08:59 PM
hi all, im looking at getting a new radiator and rather than getting a standard one i thought i could invest in an alloy one, was just wondering where has everyone got theres from and how much for and if customer service was good and postage etc :thumb:
thanks
phil

paul james
09-10-12, 09:08 PM
http://www.txautosport.co.uk/vauxhall-nova-gte-gsi-20-16v-turbo-alloy-radiator-67-p.asp

I bought mine off ebay from someone else, so don't know if what the service is like from the original distributer. There have been talks previously of sloopy welding on them, mine is fine though.

nova_pipi
09-10-12, 09:13 PM
cheers mate thanks for the quick reply, i'll have a look into them now and see how much they do one for, did you have to buy slimline fans to fit to it also or can you use the original fan?

paul james
09-10-12, 09:52 PM
I don't think a standard fan fits, the alloy rads don't have the same mounting points. A slimline fan is a better bet anyway as they take up less room and save a fair bit of weight, they aren't that expensive on ebay. Although I've seen people use two fans on them, I only used one and it does the job.

garyc
09-10-12, 10:02 PM
The tx ones take a std fan. I went to thier shop in Harlow and were ok. No issues with welding either.

bazil
09-10-12, 10:26 PM
Are these actually better than a twin core alloy GTE/GSI radiator ?

garyc
10-10-12, 05:43 PM
At the end of the day a radiator keeps the engine cool. It is either too big or too small. I race a1300 and with these I don't need to run a fan, most other run a std type and need to run a fan to add extra cooling. They are 40mm thick, I think the std ones are 22? I also found std ones have less fin spacing which reduces cooling.

Iain
10-10-12, 05:56 PM
Quite happy with my TXAutosport radiator too. Small slimline fan on the front that rarely comes on. And that's on an XE.

16v Nova Kev
10-10-12, 06:14 PM
My tx one does not leak it's thicker than std so should cool the engine better