PDA

View Full Version : Orange > EE

Jack
09-10-12, 07:58 AM
Had a text from Orange last night saying they're switching over to EE, bounce phone to update etc - usual stuff. Since then I've had crap signal and no data connection (previously used to get full signal and a fast data connection, one good thing about Bristol is its got pretty decent mobile coverage lol)

Anyone else on Orange been booted over to the EE network and having connection problems?

Edd
09-10-12, 08:10 AM
O2 ftw

John
09-10-12, 08:13 AM
Switched off and on again? Mine is much better on EE.

Edd
09-10-12, 08:22 AM
Is that the new network with 4g?

Hobbit
09-10-12, 08:36 AM
O2 ftw

And the most pointless post of the day award goes to...

Got my text through yesterday, reset the phone and haven't noticed any difference.

Jack
09-10-12, 08:45 AM
Yeah, done a reboot, its now showing EE. Signal dropped out prior to doing the reboot though, whilst it was showing Orange. I was lazy and didn't do it straight away lol

There's a transmitter about 200 metres from where I'm sat right now so I should have pretty good connection, but its still showing no data and 2/4 bars (I know the bars thing is pointless, but still)

Edd
09-10-12, 08:48 AM
And the most pointless post of the day award goes to...

Got my text through yesterday, reset the phone and haven't noticed any difference.

And the most pointless reply of the day goes to.....

It wasn't that pointless really as all I had was signal troubles with orange, switched to o2, never a problem, so o2 FTW

Hobbit
09-10-12, 08:55 AM
Did Jack ask what provider to switch to as he was having trouble with orange? :roll:

And I was with Opoo before orange and found thier signal to be useless, and that was when I was travelling up and down the country not sat at home in Bridgwater seeing how many pointless replies I could make over the internet...

Nova-nation
09-10-12, 08:58 AM
My signal is exactly the same... Crap because I'm in Cornwall lol

Edd
09-10-12, 09:01 AM
Did Jack ask what provider to switch to as he was having trouble with orange? :roll:

And I was with Opoo before orange and found thier signal to be useless, and that was when I was travelling up and down the country not sat at home in Bridgwater seeing how many pointless replies I could make over the internet...

You on your period this week or something?

Hobbit
09-10-12, 09:16 AM

You seriously don't get it do you? lol Nevermind... Yes, I'm on my period. :thumb:

pie
09-10-12, 09:25 AM
mines the same lol

t moblie n orange are changing to EE now lol

Stuart
09-10-12, 09:25 AM

Atleast Matts is only for a week, and not forever....

Edd
09-10-12, 09:31 AM
O2, Permanent PMT and pointless posts FTMFW

Jack
09-10-12, 09:47 AM
mines the same lol

t moblie n orange are changing to EE now lol
Same as in no data?

I know the switch to EE has been on the cards for a while, but didn't realise 'faster connection' = no connection lol

Edd
09-10-12, 09:53 AM
Tried doing factory reset? Pain I known but OK if you backed up contents on iTunes, kies or what ever it's called for other phones

I had to do it few months back cause of no data signal

pie
09-10-12, 09:55 AM
since the swopped

ive lost signal, no connection its crap tbh

rand them up and they say the change aint fully up n working yet lol

Jack
09-10-12, 02:37 PM
Tried doing factory reset? Pain I known but OK if you backed up contents on iTunes, kies or what ever it's called for other phones

I had to do it few months back cause of no data signal
Yeah, Android market saves all your apps and things, Astro can do a backup of content as well.

Didn't really want to do a factory reset as its effort and I'm lazy lol Although if Pie is having the same problem... and he's only over the water from me lol

Might give customer services a call later, but Orange CS are terrible so I'll try and avoid that if possible!

scott.parker
09-10-12, 02:57 PM
Strange, my mate has this EE on his iphone 4 an struggles, I'm receiving 3G and something showing H+ what's that??

Stuart
09-10-12, 03:22 PM
HSPDA or something.... its meant to be 7.6mbps.

Andy
09-10-12, 05:44 PM
My signal on tmobile last night (oranges partner now) was non existant,rebooted my phone,and got about 10messages through at once lol

Benn
09-10-12, 06:02 PM
Got the letter but no change over, Mrs new phone shows EE with full signal and data.

Spudly
09-10-12, 06:46 PM
I did the software update to iOS6 when it came out a few weeks back, my iPhail 4 has been showing EE since and my signal is fine :p

For the dumbasses that dont know, EE means 'Everything Everywhere' wonder if thats a rehashed quote from Air America lol

Lewis.
09-10-12, 06:52 PM
My phone, and my gf's changed over last week, since then I've had piss poor signal, and almost non existant data. going to ring them and give them a round of ****s this week

Jack
09-10-12, 07:05 PM
I have data now :) Same kinda speed as previous tbh. Although my uploads are faster now lol

[edit] did a speed test, 100kbps down, 1.8mbps up LOL

raf24
09-10-12, 09:03 PM
Mine changed to EE after the ios 6 update,didnt really notice much difference apart from sometimes its EE other times its orange on the network display thingy.

hotrod
09-10-12, 09:16 PM
I got a letter about a month ago saying they were changing over but still nothing! lol

Used to be on 0poo but binned them off through loss of signal but our lass stayed on and a year later she still looses her signal! lol

Not had any problem with orange but hope this isn't a sign of things to come! :(

16xe_chris
09-10-12, 11:17 PM
I've swapped to EE a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the data was slow to start with but everything is fine now.

Vlietje
10-10-12, 06:21 AM
Guys, let me shine a light on this, working for one of the before mentioned providers (T-Mobile) in the Netherlands. What happens is that Orange and T-Mobile merge their radio networks, so they need to redimension their local MHz spectrum also. They need to fine tune that after switch over.

Running new iOS6 and then showing EE is purely admistrative as the predefined providerlist in iOS6 is updated from TMUK and Orang UK to EE. Network coverage isn't influenced by that.